• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sylar's stasis thread

There is carpet under there? :lol: He is such a stunner & so reminds me of my Ralph

Somewhere! It's been a while since I last saw it though! But if it means that he's eating hay then it's worth it :)

He is beautiful isn't he?! :love: I've loved black bunnies from the moment that I saw him. That's actually how I ended up with Bill! Everytime I walked into p@h we would see him and I would call him Sylar number 2! How could I not take him home?! In reality they looked and acted completely differnet. Their blackness was their only likeness! Both equally beautiful though. I think that black bunnies will always be my favourite :love: They are so handsome and have such wise eyes.
Xx

He is trying so hard :love: My gorgeous boy :)
I've resigned myself to the fact that I now live in a farm :lol: sorry about the carpet!

That reminds me years ago when I went and fetched a couple of bales of hay for the rabbits and my neighbour joking asked "Are you starting a farm?"

OH replied with a dreary grin. "No, we already have one :roll:"

That reminds me years ago when I went and fetched a couple of bales of hay for the rabbits and my neighbour joking asked "Are you starting a farm?"

OH replied with a dreary grin. "No, we already have one :roll:"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It's my dream to have an actual farm... so I suppose I can't moan too much!

Just out of curiosity, will any of the drugs he is on make him drink more? He seems to be drinking a little more than usual. But I am watching him a little more than usual too so it could be in my head :roll:

Lovely pics :love: How has he been today? Is he still shaking his ears?

I don't know about the effect of any of the drugs regarding drinking. Could it be that he's eating more dry foods? My rabbits drink more in the Winter when they eat more hay than grass.

Lovely to see him munching on his hay :)

I'd love a farm too, although our place already resembles one as well. Five rabbits in the garden, one in my daughters room and currently poorly Sydney in our room x

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It's my dream to have an actual farm... so I suppose I can't moan too much!

Just out of curiosity, will any of the drugs he is on make him drink more? He seems to be drinking a little more than usual. But I am watching him a little more than usual too so it could be in my head :roll:

I doubt it would be the drugs, but if his mouth is at all sore that's a sure sign. I hope he keeps going OK and doesn't worry you all too much :)

Oh my days! Sy isn't half putting up a battle now at meds time. I can't even get a hold of him. He starts growling and lunging at me!
He's now eating a fair bit of hay and greens. When we first brought him home he was mostly lying in a really weird place (infront of his castle) that he never lay in before. He's stopped doing that now and he's back in his tunnel where he usually sleeps. I've also come upstairs to find him munching away in his litter tray a few times now too :)
I'm definitely feeling more positive!
X

He certainly looks like he's munching away at quite a mouthful in one of those photos! Good boy Sylar, you keep nomming... Sending more healing vibes of course. Xxx

We have had our checkup with Molly and she is pretty happy with him. She said that he seems like a different rabbit :) He's much brighter and he actually looks smaller and less bloated in the tummy area, his tummy feels much better too. She checked his teeth again and everything looks fine and she also checked his ears because there has been some head shaking (most likely the catheter).
We are going to reduce down the gut meds and then concentrate on building up his strength and then make an appointment for in a few weeks time for further tests. He eats and enjoys lots of hay so she doesn't really think that it's his teeth but it's on the list of things to investigate further. She wants to do an ultrasound on his abdomen too.
RHD2 test came back NEGATIVE! :)

Bless him, I'm glad things are looking up and that the RHD2 test was negative, that's excellent news! I hope he continues to pick up and gets stronger and 'continued improving vibes' are being sent. Well done you beautiful boy! I hope your mummy can get some rest now - she must be soooooooo tired! xxxx

Well that's a very good report from Molly. I'm so pleased and hope that you can relax a bit now.

Once he's completely off the gut meds I would keep a note of what food he has each day and try to keep hs diet quite simple.

Well done Sylar :love:

Back