• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sylar's stasis thread

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
Sylar is in stasis :cry:
He's already been to the emergency vets at around 6am but I think I'm going to take him back within the next hour because he still isn't eating.
We were going to book him in with a new vets tomorrow to see if we could get to the bottom of what's going on as well.
I can't take this after Bill :cry:

Last edited:
Sylar is in stasis :cry:
He's already been to the emergency vets at around 6am but I think I'm going to take him back within the next hour because he still isn't eating.
We were going to book him in with a new vets tomorrow to see if we could get to the bottom of what's going on as well.
I can't take this after Bill :cry:

Oh God I am so sorry :(

I had no idea you were at the emergency vets this morning. You must both be shattered.

Keep hope. It's early days, and you can still book him elsewhere to get to the root of all this.

Loads of love and hugs xx

He will be going to molly first thing for sure. Just need to get my boy through the night.

Please please please keep him in your thoughts. He is my best friend. I can't lose him :'(

He will be going to molly first thing for sure. Just need to get my boy through the night.

Please please please keep him in your thoughts. He is my best friend. I can't lose him :'(

You've never been out of my thoughts Roxy. Sending best vibes ever for Sylar and strength for you and OH xx

Why is this happening?
What am I doing wrong? :cry:

You are doing nothing at all wrong. Really.

Some rabbits have underlying issues that you can't possibly have known anything about. It's a great shame you are having all this stress, but let's hope and pray he begins to eat and feels better overnight ready for his trip to Molly (if he's going)

Hugs xx

Oh no, I've only just seen this :( Sending loads and loads of vibes for him and loads and loads of hugs for you.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. My view, for what it's worth, is that it could be something really simple that is causing these events. You've probably seen on another recent thread the suggestion that Fenugreek Crunchies are not well tolerated by some rabbits and have been thought to be causing stasis. If not these, then possibly something you are feeding Sylar might be causing issues to his digestive system. When he gets over this and comes home, in addition to taking him to see Molly, I think it could be worthwhile having a good think about what he is eating.

I hope you hear some good news soon. I will be keeping you all in my thoughts.

Yes I am going to do that. Thank you.
I've got work now so I've just rang to see how he is settling in and they have already got his blood glucose/lactate results and apparently they are fine. I just wanted to make sure he had settled in ok.
Sylar is my baby, he is the biggest mummy's boy and I absolutely adore him. I need him to get better.
I hope that I have done the right thing taking him in :"(

Oh no :cry: sending lots of vibes. I am sure you have done nothing wrong so please don't think that. Sometimes we go through runs of bad luck :cry:

I'm so sorry Roxy, I hope he will be ok.

You may have seen my post in health. We both have our boys in the vets this evening. I have to call to see how Sidney is doing in the morning.

I'm around on here if you need to chat x

Thank you. I'm worried sick. The vet just called to let me know how he is doing, I think he is just finishing his shift so he wanted to fill me in before he left which is nice. He is on fluids, bloods ok, they have started syringe feeding and he looks quite comfortable apparently.

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this again so soon after losing Bill :cry: Sending Sylar lots of vibes and I really hope he is feeling better by the morning.

Lots of hugs to you too, you must be emotionally exhausted by all this :( xxx

Thank you. I'm worried sick. The vet just called to let me know how he is doing, I think he is just finishing his shift so he wanted to fill me in before he left which is nice. He is on fluids, bloods ok, they have started syringe feeding and he looks quite comfortable apparently.

Glad you have an update and that he is comfortable currently x

Back