• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Setups for rabbits with sore hocks.

bunnymum85

Warren Scout
Has anybody got any photos of their setups with bunnies with sore hocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anybody got any photos of their setups with bunnies with sore hocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any photos, but when my girl was free range indoors we just completely covered her bedroom floor with vetbed. Saw a massive improvement in her feet within a couple of weeks of stopping access to wooden flooring. We also got rid of all rugs etc in the house which had potential to irritate her hocks further. My girl is very active so it's been difficult giving her space to properly run around, obviously vetbed on hard floors just slides about when a bunny is charging around a room

She is outdoors now, so her hutch is lined with vetbed, and the top of her hutch is also covered with vetbed as she likes to sit up there. At the moment her run floor is covered with straw, but I am looking for a better solution, I had some great suggestions on a thread on here which I need to look into properly. Last week we moved house and now have a garden with a lawn, so she can go crazy with her running around out there

Thank you. Foxy currently has a thick vet fleece, the thickest they do, and then a baby quilt in a cotton duvet cover. No hay whatsoever, as I'd worry it would hurt the feet. She then has paper wool in the bathroom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jacks-jane has experience with rex rabbits and uses a thick bed of hay for them.

My three Rexes have a thick bed of hay in their shed. I think it depends on the hay as to whether it is soft or not.

Back