• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What size hutch ??

Lynn said:
Hi Claire - we have one of these playhouses for the Robster. It is raised on slabs and has a run attached to each side for him to get out and explore. Photo attached below if you want to see it. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/ljmrb/c657f430.jpg

Hi Lynn

That looks fantastic, just the sort of thing I want for my bunny !, I've instructed Darren to have a look at the picture so he can visualise what I've been going on about ! :lol: Weather permitting we should be able to get the slabs down this weekend at least...........!

Claire

I've just ordered a rabbit run and roof from PWS Greenline !!! I plan to do similar to Lynn and add this to the side of my bunny's new house so he can come and go as he pleases during the day, rather than having to wait until I get home from work. :D

Hi Claire - I'm sure he'll love it !!

Not sure what you are putting the run on i.e. grass / concrete, but Robbie's run is on grass, so we had to protect the bottom as well as the top, in case he decided to try and dig his way out (although he would have needed to dig an almighty hole, as he is a rather large bunster :lol: )

We thought the panels themselves were a bit thick, and might hurt his feet, so we bought a roll of green plastic metal mesh from B&Q (more flexible and a bit softer) and put this on the bottom. It doesn't seem to bother his feet at all. Did you also get the post keeper system from PWS - if not, the run doesn't support itself too well, as its quite big, which is why we attached it on a wooden frame.

Good luck - hope you enjoy DIY !!

Lynn said:
Hi Claire - I'm sure he'll love it !!

Not sure what you are putting the run on i.e. grass / concrete, but Robbie's run is on grass, so we had to protect the bottom as well as the top, in case he decided to try and dig his way out (although he would have needed to dig an almighty hole, as he is a rather large bunster :lol: )

We thought the panels themselves were a bit thick, and might hurt his feet, so we bought a roll of green plastic metal mesh from B&Q (more flexible and a bit softer) and put this on the bottom. It doesn't seem to bother his feet at all. Did you also get the post keeper system from PWS - if not, the run doesn't support itself too well, as its quite big, which is why we attached it on a wooden frame.

Good luck - hope you enjoy DIY !!

Hi Lynn

We quite like the idea of putting metal mesh under the turf that way Ben can dig if he wants to but won't be able to get very far.....we hope.

We also decided against the post keeper system for now, we will try to build a wooden frame instead, our DIY isn't the best but thought we really couldn't get this wrong :lol: However if all goes to pot I will order the post keeper system which wouldn't be such a bad thing as Rabbit Rehome will get another donation :D

Claire

Back