• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice regarding Bianca

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
Bianca has only been with us for a month and most of that time has been spent trying to bond her with Bill. We tried to leave them to it and stay out if it and figured that we would have a chance to bond with her later on... but now Billy has has gone we don't know what to do best for Bea.

She is a very sweet girl but she is also quite nervy and can get shy around us. She often runs away and hides. Billy was free range and so far we have given her the same amount of space that he had but we are wondering if it's the best thing for her. We want her to get comfortable with us.

Do you think that I should restrict her space to just our living room until she has got to know us better without having Billy by her side? Or should I continue to leave her free range and hope that in time she feels more relaxed? I don't want her hiding away on her own but I also don't want to force the issue.

When she is with us she loves a stroke and she quite often licks us if we sit on the floor with her. I think at the moment we are just treating her the way we treated Billy but I'm starting to realise that she made need different things from us :)

Any advice welcome!
X

i would try restricting to just one room for now and see if she feels more comfortable. then gradually extend the space :wave:

That was my first thought too.
Billy made a little den in the back of our armchair and it's in the room that we barely use. She keeps disappearing into it and sometimes she just stays in there! But other times she is really playful and its obvious that she wants our company.
I think that we just need to make our bond with her more secure :)

I too would restrict her to the one room where you are the most of the time. I can imagine that most rabbits in her situation would feel terribly insecure and unsettled. So much change has happened in so little time for her.

I know :(
I think that she is doing really well all things considered. I just feel so sorry for her. She is the sweetest little girl and she doesn't deserve this at all :(

Bianca has only been with us for a month and most of that time has been spent trying to bond her with Bill. We tried to leave them to it and stay out if it and figured that we would have a chance to bond with her later on... but now Billy has has gone we don't know what to do best for Bea.

She is a very sweet girl but she is also quite nervy and can get shy around us. She often runs away and hides. Billy was free range and so far we have given her the same amount of space that he had but we are wondering if it's the best thing for her. We want her to get comfortable with us.

Do you think that I should restrict her space to just our living room until she has got to know us better without having Billy by her side? Or should I continue to leave her free range and hope that in time she feels more relaxed? I don't want her hiding away on her own but I also don't want to force the issue.

When she is with us she loves a stroke and she quite often licks us if we sit on the floor with her. I think at the moment we are just treating her the way we treated Billy but I'm starting to realise that she made need different things from us :)

Any advice welcome!
X

With this sort of situation it's a good thing not to let them hide away all day because sometimes rabbits do this and you hardly get to see them! I make a point of confining them to a room and also stroking at regular intervals (if they are amenable). I know that Bea is really friendly, but even so I reckon at this point it's a good idea to encourage her to bond with you both :D

Back