• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help needed - Mr B Very ill - updated

Thank you for all your kind thoughts. Ms B and I are both finding the sudden loss of Mr B extremely painful to come to terms with. Anywhere we go and everything we do reminds us of him as they both free ranged. She was standing stock still by their drinking bowl just now with so much hurt in her eyes I thought she was about to cry. For a moment I was scared in case she's taking ill too but after I went up and stroked her, she came down and went over and sniffed their carrier. I'm giving her lots of attention and I'll be keeping a very good eye on her to make sure she is okay. Measuring out only half portions of food now hurts so much and yesterday, halfway through eating Ms B stops and waits, as though she is waiting for MR B show up so they can eat together as normal.... :cry::cry::cry: In the meantime the post mortem only showed signs of a slightly irritated liver, which the vet thought could be due to Mr B's lack of food before he passed. I gave permission for them to take a brain tissue sample, so we're waiting now for the results of that, the WBC and E.C. to come back in about 10 days.

R.I.P and binky free now from pain my beloved one. You were the sweetest and handsomest husbun we could ever want.

Sending you lots of love. I've been thinking of you all :love:

Can't find where/how to update the post title... just wanted to let everyone who'd been so kind and supportive know that the PM results came back last week. What presented initially as gut stasis with seizures and was diagnosed as meningitis hours before we lost Mr B, was in fact meningitis caused by a cancerous brain tumor. He was only 2 and it presented unusually but it was lymphoma and apparently nothing could have been don to save him, no chemo, no anything... :cry::cry::cry:

Binky free my dearest, loved and darling boy. We miss you desperately. We'll never find another gorgeous, gentle and loving bun as you were, but we'll do everything we can to find Ms B a loving husbun, as I know you will have wanted. All my love. xxx

Can't find where/how to update the post title... just wanted to let everyone who'd been so kind and supportive know that the PM results came back last week. What presented initially as gut stasis with seizures and was diagnosed as meningitis hours before we lost Mr B, was in fact meningitis caused by a cancerous brain tumor. He was only 2 and it presented unusually but it was lymphoma and apparently nothing could have been don to save him, no chemo, no anything... :cry::cry::cry:

Binky free my dearest, loved and darling boy. We miss you desperately. We'll never find another gorgeous, gentle and loving bun as you were, but we'll do everything we can to find Ms B a loving husbun, as I know you will have wanted. All my love. xxx

I'm so sorry, that's heartbreakingly sad :(
Taken far too soon - run free xx

Thank you so much for your Private Message. There really are no words to adequately express how sorry I am about what happened to Mr B :cry:

((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))

I hope that having Ms B with you will offer you some comfort as you both try to come to terms with your loss xx

Back