• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's the small achievements...

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
After a week of literally just hay and readigrass, my new girl Iris has finally stopped producing uneaten cecatrophs. I'm so pleased and relieved to have got to this point.

...have to post it here as no one else would get it. :lol:

After a week of literally just hay and readigrass, my new girl Iris has finally stopped producing uneaten cecatrophs. I'm so pleased and relieved to have got to this point.

...have to post it here as no one else would get it. :lol:

I get it :thumb: Well done you and well done Iris :D

Oh hey...anytime the Grapes of Wrath are not scattered about on my floor is cause for celebration! :thumb:

So glad to hear all is going well now. :) xxxx

Yay, well done you. I know that anxiety when you wonder if your doing the best for them and wondering whether it will work .

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I wonder if a hay only diet would be useful for her? I have not done this for mine as they havent had that problem but have seen it suggested on here.

I had the same problem with Cinammon and the only way I got through it was by physically measuring 1 tablespoon of pellets out for her every morning. My daughter scatters them around her area so she can find them as I kind of game. Cinammon loves it and is so excited by it every morning. This solved the problem for me, although it took a while for me to stop feeling guilty for not feeding her what the s and s packet says or giving her unlimited pellets as so many others do. She does have unlimited access to hay throughout the day and this is topped up at least twice a day. Cinammon also has herbs in the evening. Try restricting pellets, it might work for you too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is strange... because everything is back to normal now. I haven't seen a caecatroph in nearly a week. I've even started reintroducing things and no problems whatsoever.

I think it might have been because she had too many changes too soon. (She ended up on P@H junior pellets as they 'changed over' her diet. Ughhh)

Ranj- all my rabbits are restricted to an eggcup of pellets a day. The packets do encourage people to overfeed and it took me a long while to find out otherwise. I also scatter feed pellets - it's so amusing seeing them all go wild for it.

Last edited:
It is strange... because everything is back to normal now. I haven't seen a caecatroph in nearly a week. I've even started reintroducing things and no problems whatsoever.

I think it might have been because she had too many changes too soon. (She ended up on P@H junior pellets as they 'changed over' her diet. Ughhh)

Ranj- all my rabbits are restricted to an eggcup of pellets a day. The packets do encourage people to overfeed and it took me a long while to find out otherwise. I also scatter feed pellets - it's so amusing seeing them all go wild for it.
I get it too ! I have been trying same with one of mine for past couple of months after a few (thankfully mild) episodes of stasis. His diet is just grass, readigrass, hay and 10g pellets/day. Like Iris, he stopped daily dropping of caecotrophs within a week of removal of veg and treats and restriction of pellet dose but he does intermittently drop a few. I can't discern a pattern/cause. He has been well but it does make me worry re underlying issues.

Back