• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will they be ok????

Niklovesrats

Warren Scout
So, about a month ago I got my female and male neutered (on the same day) they both live alone and both are placid friendly soles. I want to bond them and a few days ago took them into the bathroom to "meet" Day 1 was good but he tried to hump her so I left it a day then the past 2 days they have met (again in the house) they cuddle up, she grooms him and he allows her to, he has groomed her, no more humping.... how long until they can live together in his hutch????

In about 5 minutes! Sorry. It sounds like you have a couple of bunnies which want to be together, so I think they will be fine. Humping is normal for a day or so but maybe he won't do anymore humping now.

I agree with tonibun - sounds like they are happy in each other's company. I would leave them together somewhere neutral and observe for a day. If there is no trouble then you can think about moving them into their (neutralised) permanent accommodation.

Aww that sounds good!! Im planning on moving them into his hutch as its the larger of the 2 and I heard its best that she moves in with him as females can be more territorial! Maybe tomorrow I will give them each others litter tray and let them spend the day together and then move them in on Sunday???? Its lovely to watch them.... she does this really dramatic flop down where she reminds me of a cat cause she curls around and extends her legs out, first time she did it I seriously thought she had collapsed lol!!!

This sounds exactly like my two except the humping went on for a couple of days with mine. I bonded them for a couple of weeks before moving them in together but that was more me worrying as my previous pair hadn't worked out too well. They've been together in their hutch now for almost three weeks and theyre best of friends. You'll have to see what they're like in the hutch though if it's previously been lived in by one of them, I got a new hutch so it was neutral so none of them had ownership. If he's happy with her being in though I'd say they'd be fine. I hope it works out well for you, it's so lovely watching a new pair get along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aww that sounds good!! Im planning on moving them into his hutch as its the larger of the 2 and I heard its best that she moves in with him as females can be more territorial! Maybe tomorrow I will give them each others litter tray and let them spend the day together and then move them in on Sunday???? Its lovely to watch them.... she does this really dramatic flop down where she reminds me of a cat cause she curls around and extends her legs out, first time she did it I seriously thought she had collapsed lol!!!

Sounds absolutely terrific! My longest bondings these days are one and a half hours, but it looks like you've beat me :lol:

So after another lovely date in the bathroom I gave his hutch a clean out and I moved them in together.... been out to check them twice and all is fine!! So happy they have each other now!!!

Back