• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Pees on Bed

Has anything changed?
We rearranged our bedroom once and our two bunnies took offence and decided to wee on our bed constantly for a week. Even when we were in it. The last straw was when we started sleeping under a tarpaulin :lol: In the end we moved everything back to where it was originally and it stopped straight away.
I guess we all know who's boss in my house..!!!

I used to have a problem with one bunny peeing on my sofa. We seemed to be having a territory war over it! They were free range housebuns at the time. Problem got sorted when I built them an enclosure. There was a whole process of neutralising (changing scent etc.) of my entire flat, keeping them in the new enclosure for a few days so it became 'home' etc.
Basically, once they had 'their' space, they understood they were allowed in 'my' space but not to claim it as their own by peeing in it!
So perhaps blocking off the bed for a while, or looking at their housing arrangements might help.

I used to have a problem with one bunny peeing on my sofa. We seemed to be having a territory war over it! They were free range housebuns at the time. Problem got sorted when I built them an enclosure. There was a whole process of neutralising (changing scent etc.) of my entire flat, keeping them in the new enclosure for a few days so it became 'home' etc.
Basically, once they had 'their' space, they understood they were allowed in 'my' space but not to claim it as their own by peeing in it!
So perhaps blocking off the bed for a while, or looking at their housing arrangements might help.

I think you have some good points here Melon Pip!

Has anything changed?
We rearranged our bedroom once and our two bunnies took offence and decided to wee on our bed constantly for a week. Even when we were in it. The last straw was when we started sleeping under a tarpaulin :lol: In the end we moved everything back to where it was originally and it stopped straight away.

you really do go to the ends of the earth & back for your bunnies :) the tarpaulin made me lol. My first ever bunny used to wee on the bed lots, I rigged up a mosquito net in an attempt to keep her off, you can imagine how successful that was

Thanks, Tonibun. I've only had 3 bunnies so far but I swear it's about working out the psychology rather than trying to train them exactly!

Has anything changed?

:shock::shock:

What colour was it? Not one of those stiff blue ones?

I think you're amazing Roxy - and your OH. Medals to both of you xx

Yep, one of the stiff blue ones! We slept under it for a week. We thought they would adjust but they didn't :lol: It was much easier to just move everything back to it's rightful place!

Is your rabbit castrated? It could be a hormonal thing. Once he has been done and has had six weeks for his hormones to die down things should improve.

We get Pixie and Dixie onto our bed at weekends, for us(humans) to bond plus they love Strictly Come Dancing. I cover the bed in 3 thick blankets and their choosen wee spot happens to be where our pillows meet the duvet...yes the blankets cover them as well. If we are lying near their spot, tough, we get wet arms. Deep joy and ours have very fetching orange wee that just doesnt go with the decor.
My god do they love our electric blanket, 5 minutes of sniffing around and its lie down, stretch out and pretend to look cute.

We get Pixie and Dixie onto our bed at weekends, for us(humans) to bond plus they love Strictly Come Dancing. I cover the bed in 3 thick blankets and their choosen wee spot happens to be where our pillows meet the duvet...yes the blankets cover them as well. If we are lying near their spot, tough, we get wet arms. Deep joy and ours have very fetching orange wee that just doesnt go with the decor.
My god do they love our electric blanket, 5 minutes of sniffing around and its lie down, stretch out and pretend to look cute.

PRETEND they are two of the cutest rabbits EVER!!!

IMG_1080_zpsxtmw05xp.jpg

They are very cute. What I meant was, I dont see them doing this in their hutch or run, so I interpret it as them knowing how to win over our hearts.

Back