• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Get them wet?

CrispyClaret

Warren Scout
What is the general view of my bunnies going into the garden when its cold and possibly raining?
Part of my run is covered, so in theory unless its driving rain there will always be a dry spot for them.
My rabbits do not like being handled, which is fine by me as long as they still enjoy my company, so if anyone suggests warm fluffy towels to dry them, its not going to happen.
I assume a bit of rain and damp grass poses absolutely no problems as long as its not for hours and hours.

Mine never go out into their run when it is raining. They are real shed rabbits and love their comforts.

You sound as if you already have the answer! A little bit wet but not for long periods. I don't think our domestic buns are as hardy as their wild counterparts. The cold doesn't seem to bother them, you can sometimes see them lying in the snow :shock:

What is the general view of my bunnies going into the garden when its cold and possibly raining?
Part of my run is covered, so in theory unless its driving rain there will always be a dry spot for them.
My rabbits do not like being handled, which is fine by me as long as they still enjoy my company, so if anyone suggests warm fluffy towels to dry them, its not going to happen.
I assume a bit of rain and damp grass poses absolutely no problems as long as its not for hours and hours.

Wet and cold are usually no problem to rabbits. Mine seems to think it's OK to forage about in the bushes during a downpour, but I'm afraid when I bring them in they do get the fluffy towel bit :lol:

So long as they have dry quarters to return to they should be OK. I would prefer a rabbit not to get drenched simply because their fur turns like cotton wool and matted and takes forever to dry.

Back