• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our Beloved Smudge - 9th April 2005 - 23rd August 2016

janban

Warren Scout
Have been unable to post about our loss of our much loved house bunny, Smudge as we have been too devastated. But now some months on, although, still sadly missed everyday, we know it was the right time for him. He was the most unique, placid, lovable and loyal bunny. Even when we introduced him to a companion when he was 6, he still thought of us as his first 'warren buddies' and would come and seek us out and sit by our feet, when he could no longer jump up on the sofa. Even when he had to endure regular antibiotic injections every three days for 3 years because of a tooth abscess he wouldn't even flinch or struggle he just accepted that anything you did to him was for his own good:cry: He was such a funny character from the start, he would sit on the sofa and watch television with us and would often jump up on the back of it and rummage through your hair looking for clips or glasses arms and throw them out of your hair and when we were in the dining room eating he would come in and have to have his bowl of food on the floor and eat with us. When guests arrived he would run to greet them and when they left he would come to the front door and watch them go :D. When I would come home with the shopping, he would be waiting in the hall and immediately search through the bags to find his cabbage and carrots and start munching :lol: His favourite time of day was the morning when the postman would deliver the mail and he would wait by the front door for it to fall on the mat and would then proceed to 'open' it, we used to love the serrated patterns our letters received from his 'inspection' of our post :lol: When he thought anyone was going into the kitchen, he would race you there to see if you were going to give him some food or nudge your hand for a head rub, which was his favourite pleasure.
Even towards the end of his life when he had lost most of his sight due to cataracts, had difficulty hopping due to arthritis and then suffered several mini strokes, he would jump up to take his metacam straight from the syringe as though I was giving him a treat and even then he was still looking for his head rubs and cuddles. He loved life, we loved him and he gave us so many happy memories :love:
Will love and miss you always my little Smudgie, hope you are binkying free at rainbow bridge with little Bella :love::love::love:

Thank you, it's been too painful until now to write down how much he meant to us, as anyone who loses a beloved pet would know :cry: xx

It hurts so much. Smudge had such a cute face. ��. It's never easy.
You're right it isn't.... and I know I'm biased but yes he did have a cute face :love: the first picture in my signature pictures is one of my favourites, it's where he's been having his nose rubbed and he's asking for more :lol: it was such a typical picture of him :D

So sorry to hear this janban xx

Smudge was obviously a well loved darling, and had a very mischievous look on his face.

Hugs :love:

Have been unable to post about our loss of our much loved house bunny, Smudge as we have been too devastated. But now some months on, although, still sadly missed everyday, we know it was the right time for him. He was the most unique, placid, lovable and loyal bunny. Even when we introduced him to a companion when he was 6, he still thought of us as his first 'warren buddies' and would come and seek us out and sit by our feet, when he could no longer jump up on the sofa. Even when he had to endure regular antibiotic injections every three days for 3 years because of a tooth abscess he wouldn't even flinch or struggle he just accepted that anything you did to him was for his own good:cry: He was such a funny character from the start, he would sit on the sofa and watch television with us and would often jump up on the back of it and rummage through your hair looking for clips or glasses arms and throw them out of your hair and when we were in the dining room eating he would come in and have to have his bowl of food on the floor and eat with us. When guests arrived he would run to greet them and when they left he would come to the front door and watch them go :D. When I would come home with the shopping, he would be waiting in the hall and immediately search through the bags to find his cabbage and carrots and start munching :lol: His favourite time of day was the morning when the postman would deliver the mail and he would wait by the front door for it to fall on the mat and would then proceed to 'open' it, we used to love the serrated patterns our letters received from his 'inspection' of our post :lol: When he thought anyone was going into the kitchen, he would race you there to see if you were going to give him some food or nudge your hand for a head rub, which was his favourite pleasure.
Even towards the end of his life when he had lost most of his sight due to cataracts, had difficulty hopping due to arthritis and then suffered several mini strokes, he would jump up to take his metacam straight from the syringe as though I was giving him a treat and even then he was still looking for his head rubs and cuddles. He loved life, we loved him and he gave us so many happy memories :love:
Will love and miss you always my little Smudgie, hope you are binkying free at rainbow bridge with little Bella :love::love::love:

I am very sorry to hear of Smudge's passing :cry: He was obviously a very much loved member of your family

RIP Smudge xx

I'm so sorry you lost Smudge :cry: he was obviously a big part of your life and very much loved.

Binky free Smudge xx

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Sleep tight Smudge. He was a handsome boy & obviously had a brilliant character & splendid life . I'm sorry for your loss xx

So sorry to hear this janban xx

Smudge was obviously a well loved darling, and had a very mischievous look on his face.

Hugs :love:

Thank you....he was a very loved and pampered bunny and he was such a character, I had a few friends who ended up adopting a bunny after seeing how much character bunnies actually have after meeting Smudge :love:
As you know there are a few people out there who have yet to be brought under the 'spell' of a delightful bunny companion :lol: x

Thank you to everyone who posted messages of sympathy for our darling Smudge, it is so kind of you all. That is what is so nice about this site, being able to share not just your joys of owning bunnies but also having support when you have to go through the sad times... love and hugs to you all :love:

Back