Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My hutch

Warren Scout

I just find them fascinating to watch. Its 23.20 I am in bed, my cat trying to decide whether to go out or have a night in and on tv are my babies, currently settled down. Their sleep pattern varies from snuggled together or facing each other through the partitions door. They totally ignore the sleeping box I made for them, probably I should write their names on it and then they know its for them.
    I wonder what they think about? Just hope they are happy fur balls.

What a brilliant hutch and run you have made for them. Its great that you recognise their need for space at night. It is surprising how many people shut their rabbits in at night.

Warren Scout

Spent all week cutting wood again, this time I have extended their top floor all the way to the far corner. Kept them in my bedroom last night, they appreciated the central heating. Main reason was so I could start early with my planking etc. Floor finshed, ramp moved, new door made.
    They can now run to their hearts content on the top floor at night and both floorsduring the day, one day I will overcome my worries and leave downstairs access available 24/7.
    Need to make a new partition door upstairs, if I need to seperate them through ilness or post-op it will make life easier and both will still have room to move around.

Warren Scout

Need to stain/preserve the wood but the basics are finished. Ramp has been moved to the opposite side and it now slopes back into the middle of the basement rather than into the side wire, access via a hole in the floor with a sliding trap for nighttime. My original lino offcut had exactly enough left over to cover the floor.

Their chew wood is a large slice of apple tree.

They have changed their sleeping quarters, instead of in their food area they are now just behind the new door or to its left under a shelf behind the middle door. Typical that they are now hiding from bunny cam.
    I need to get another door knob to match the rest.

Oh no, hiding from the bunny cam!!!

Warren Scout

Today i moved the bunny cam ��
    Tonight I have brought them inside. Next door breeds chickens, lots of chickens, mainly rare breeds. This afternoon a fox was paying interest in them. Well for me, he can eat as many chickens as he/she wants but not my bunnies. Doubt it will have a happy ending which is a shame as I actually like foxes.

I love that you have built it...really inspiring..I am designing a new hutch set up too and the amount of times I have changed the designs to incorpoate this & that...i need a bunny cam!!!!! lol!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him dominate the world
    (")_(")

And add in Bunny's wifey so that he doesn't get lonely whilst carrying out world domination!!
    (\___/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Warren Scout

If i started again tomorrow it would be slightly different, maybe next time lol

Warren Scout

Camera is basically a birds nest camera, got it from here...
    https://www.spycameracctv.com