• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch ramp issues

LauraB

Young Bun
Hi

We modified our 2 6 foot hutches in 1 double storey for 3 buns but one of them will not use the ramp. She will go upstairs if I put her in the bottom but will not come down, have tried everything. The ramp goes across 5ft approx so i dont think it's too steep.
Any one with any experience on this or advice?
[emoji3]

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

It can take some rabbits a few days to get the hang of ramps. Sometimes it helps if you hold the bunny on the ramp and help her down. If nothing works can you make a step instead?

Hi

We modified our 2 6 foot hutches in 1 double storey for 3 buns but one of them will not use the ramp. She will go upstairs if I put her in the bottom but will not come down, have tried everything. The ramp goes across 5ft approx so i dont think it's too steep.
Any one with any experience on this or advice?
[emoji3]

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Can you cover the ramp (temporarily maybe) with something that grips like this ...?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Multip...461695&sr=8-2&keywords=anti+slip+rug+underlay

Can you raise the bottom of the ramp on a brick or block of wood, this will make the ramp less steep :thumb:

.. also, if there is no 'bannister' on side of ramp you could add
one to make ramp less 'exposed' ( and safer). i used a bit of skirting board for bannister, raised the end on bit of wood to lessen slope and added carpet for grip (as suggested by zoobec and mightymax respectively) - worked for one of mine.

Last edited:
My Barney never figured out the ramp, he actually fell down it a couple of times, so in the end I had to just keep everything on one level. It can be difficult for buns that aren't as agile. But putting grippy flooring and an edge on the ramp may help.

Back