• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay for pets, is delivery tracked?

DemiS

Warren Veteran
I want to order some hay from Hay for pets/Hay and Straw but it doesn't give much information about delivery on the website. What delivery company do they use and is it tracked? How long does it usually take?

I'm a bit worried as the postman always ends up giving our parcels to the neighbours who say they don't mind, but I don't think they'd appreciate a huge bag of hay :oops:

We receive an email to say when it's been collected by Lancaster Parcels, Morecombe. Delivery is not tracked and we receive the hay (in Kent), usually the following day or the day after from APC.

It has been delivered like this for several months now. Previously it was delivered by Yodel.

When I used to get it, it would arrive in around 2 to 5 days, but wasn't tracked. It's one of the reasons I now get mine from timothyhay.co.uk as it's usually 2 working days after ordering and tracked.

Can you ask them to leave the hay in a safe place instead of with a neighbour? Some take a photo of where it was left, or you could leave a receipt (eg in the hay bin).

As Omi says about the email. For us it arrives two days after placing order, so on a Wed if I order on Mon xx

Mine also arrives to me in Leeds 2 days after I order. I don't like having the neighbours take a big bag of hay either so I leave a note when ordering to leave it somewhere and they do :)

Back