• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

All the buns turned their noses up to pumpkin

We have waited until today to carve the pumkins so they would stay fresh for the buns to eat a little bit and all 10 have looked at me as though i have deeply offended them. Does anybodies buns like pumpkin or is it all mine fussy buns. Im going to dry the seeds in the oven and try them with one of those.

Julie absolutely loved pumpkin and the vet had told me to feed it when she has poorly to put some weight on. I feed her pumpkin when she wasn't eating and she always ate it.

Never tried it, but I imagine you could dry a little pumpkin too and try it dried?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We have waited until today to carve the pumkins so they would stay fresh for the buns to eat a little bit and all 10 have looked at me as though i have deeply offended them. Does anybodies buns like pumpkin or is it all mine fussy buns. Im going to dry the seeds in the oven and try them with one of those.

Yes mine like it :lol: I think yours may be spoiled a little!!

I dried the seeds and ground them to use in my own cooking ...

love this. rabbits are just so funny.

Mine have refused this and Squash in the past. So much so, that my OH asked if I was trying to poison them, as he's not used to much being rejected :lol:

I gave my four pieces of pumpkin from the one I carved last night. Gave it to them with their normal green's, when I went this morning all four had left it on the floor for me to clear away!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Haha yes! This happened to me when I had Scrappy. I bought a munchkin for her, almost sprained my wrist trying to cut the bloody thing up and she turned her nose up! :roll:

never had a bunny who will eat it. I've tried loads of times too as I make butternut squash soup or risotto every week. Its nice to have one thing I can rely on no bun nicking. It & green beans are devil food to all my buns - even Boo.

Ok, maybe a really silly question but I'm gonna ask anyway. If the pumpkin has been inside the whole time, is it still edible after it's been carved and had a candle in it for a while?? I feel really wasteful now with this massive pumpkin!

Ok, maybe a really silly question but I'm gonna ask anyway. If the pumpkin has been inside the whole time, is it still edible after it's been carved and had a candle in it for a while?? I feel really wasteful now with this massive pumpkin!

i wouldnt, especially if paraffin candles

never had a bunny who will eat it. I've tried loads of times too as I make butternut squash soup or risotto every week. Its nice to have one thing I can rely on no bun nicking. It & green beans are devil food to all my buns - even Boo.

Ive bought some green beans for them to try, lets see what mine think of them. I will let you know.

Back