• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RESCUE Secret Santa 2016 *please add pics*

Kara

Warren Veteran
RESCUE SIGN UP FIRST (Santa's to follow!)

I have offered my services for this years Rescue SS :thumb:

Hey all

Please can any rescues wishing to be a recipient of the 2016 Secret Santa please PM me to join up BY THE 10TH November!

In the PM please can I have your address?

It would be handy if you could also post a reply to this thread and mention any particular items that are really handy - I seem to remember certain size syringes were preferred?

I know from years gone by handy items are -

Kitchen towels
Bin Bags
Disposable or washing up gloves
Cleaning products
Dried Herbs
Supermarket vouchers

Taken from last years post -

With:
Rescue Name,
Address where parcels are to be sent to,
Telephone number
Charity number if you have one,
How many rabbits you have,
and what items are useful to you.

Rescues NEED to be on the forum.

As a rescue you must have more than 5 rabbits in your care to qualify.
You must be able to contact me (Amy & Amber) to let me know what parcels you have received.
Parcels can only be sent to one address (rescues with fosters please share your gifts as you want to).

Sanctuaries and Rescues are both eligible, but you must:
EITHER - Be a registered charity
OR - Have been an active member of RU for one year and have at least 5 rabbits in your care, either as a sanctuary or rehoming.

At the moment, we are just taking details of rescues who would like to receive presents on behalf of their residents.

Members (Santas) I will be announcing a date for you to sign up to send a gift in the near future but, in the meantime, please have a read of the following which explains how it works and feel free to ask any questions.

What is Secret Santa?
Secret Santa works by matching up rescues to individuals who wish to send an anonymous gift to a nominated rescue. You do not get to choose your rescue, but each cause is just as deserving as the next.

Why?
Secret Santa is a brilliant way to give rescue bunnies that little extra treat, rescues spend so much money on much needed vaccinations, treatment and neuters , Secret Santa feels that they deserve a Christmas treat just like the rest of us! And also it helps put a smile on the rescuers faces, seeing the bunnies enjoy the gifts.

How much is it?
There has never, and will never be price restrictions on Secret Santa. Some gifts may be larger than others but they're all appreciated just as much and it's the thought that counts. Remember, your gifts don't even have to cost you more than a few pounds, you can make "crackers" with hay and brown paper, dry your own bunny safe leaves, make bunny biscuits or even just empty your loose change pot and turn it into a voucher at your local supermarket via their coin machines. Secret Santa has no rules on price, or gifts as long as they help the rescue, because what's the point in restricting good will?

Last edited:
Wow Kara you are doing both SS's :shock:

You are amazing!

Ha ha, I may regret this....

Nope, kidding. I am really really quiet at work, winter is always quiet for us! and I am basically in the office to answer the phone and in case we get a delivery!

Back