• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nooooooo not again!

Thumps

Alpha Buck
Some of you may remember Chloe and her broken toe. Well guess what???? She has just broken another one. I can't believe it she has been so good with letting me pick her up but tonight she wasn't having any of it. This toe is a clean break but I guess it will be another 6 to 8 weeks cage rest. God Im so gutted I've only just got her and Boo back together and Boo was starting to get depressed before I did put them back together. Thankfully this time I have metacam to hand so I am off to get a small sliver of apple to put a drop on for her.
:x I just fel so angry that I let this happen again. Exact same thing I went to pick her up she panicked and flip herself over to kick me with her back legs and broke her toe.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Im just so upset about this.
Angela

hi,
i hope she will be ok
metacam is brill i had ir for one of my buns and it did improve her as it is a pain relife
we had it cause of the spine
but she is ok
Becky

Oh Angela I am so sorry to hear this news about poor Chloe, what rotten luck. :(
Big hugs coming your way.
Love all the Sanctuary bunnies

Thank you everyone. She's fine munching away like nothing has happened :lol: More than what I can say for myself. She's so strong and quick, I think I will have to resort to just chasing her around until she jumps into her bed herself in future.
Rally, it's a different toe and a very clean break, we have an appointment for this evening to see Heidi as she dealt with the last toe and knows what Chloe is like with bandages and will know what to do with her.
Thankfully Chloe doesn't notice the metacam on the apple and munches it without problems. She must think she's in heaven they don't normally get fruit at all.
Angela

Could she have a calcium deficiency or similar thats causing her bones not to be as strong as they should be? If she struggles alot when you carry her then you could train her to hop into and out of a carry case for when you have to move/lift her.

I hope her toe heals swiftly.

Tamsin

I was thinking that there may more to this like what you have suggested Tamsin. I will be seeing the normal rabbit vet who dealt with her before so will ask her, hopefully she will think along the same lines and investigate if not I will bring it up with her. We have a little routine where I put their food into the dish while they are both watching then I place th dish into their bed so they can see it all and Boo goes in first and then she will go in. She didn't this time so I had to chase the poor girl. Think I will go with your suggestion for the future though less stressful for her. She will hop into a carrier anyway as she is so nosey especially if she thinks she will be fed :lol:
Angela

Back