• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tilly gotcha day 15.5.14 - 26.10.16

*lily*

Wise Old Thumper
Tilly came to us from a friend of my Daughter. She was kept in horrendous conditions.

My Daughter brought her home with the hutch she was living in. 3 inches or so of urine soaked sawdust, no hay and a bowl of muesli.

Tilly had horrendous urine scald on her feet and her nails were very long.

I set up a puppy pen for her in the garage, clipped her nails and applied cream to her feet.

She absolutely loved the hay I gave her and enjoyed all her veggies too :)

A few weeks later we adopted Hettie and they were great friends from the start.

In the winter it was too cold in the garage so the pen was moved into the dining area of the kitchen and this is where they stayed permanently!

She was diagnosed with Osteoporosis shortly after she came to live with us but, with a good diet, she coped well and seemed to improve really quickly.

Tilly got ill with cysts and had to be spayed. She quickly bounced back but, a short while later, had problems with her weeing and was constantly wet. We got his under control with med's.

Last week she more or less stopped eating. Despite medication and syringe feeding, she deteriorated rapidly and we had to make the heartbreaking decision to help her to the bridge :(

I'm so glad she had over 2 years with us and I hope she enjoyed her new life with a friend, a dry pen and good food and care.

Hettie is doing surprisingly well and I'm in the process of getting her a new friend.

We are all missing you wheeking for food, Tilly, and we are missing your cute little face. We all love you so much and it is very hard on us all at the moment :(

Popcorn free at the Bridge, Tilly Tuppence. Free from pain xxxxxxxxxxxxx

She was a lovely pretty little guinea pig :love: I remember you getting her, I'm sure she was so glad to be rescued and she had such a great happy life with you :love: Popcorn free Tilly xx

Thinking of you and Hettie xx

Oh Jane, that is absolutely beautiful, thank you so much :love:

I didn't realise how much losing her would affect me, I am so low at the moment and worrying about Hettie being alone isn't helping :(

Ah lots of hugs for you. Pity we can't all have the pleasure of knowing them but not have any pain when they're gone. RIP little one

Back