• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VetCare Plus Digestive Health Formula

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
Has anyone tried them?
We had some delivered today but I'm not really sure how to add them into their diets.
Are they meant to replace their pellets? Or are they a treat?
Thanks xx

When Doughnut was really ill I changed to these. I used them instead of pellets and just introduced them gradually alongside the pellets then phased the other pellets out. She really liked them so I had no trouble getting her to eat them.

I don't know if the ingredients are the same, but these in my view are very similar to Fibafirst. I use both these or Fibafirst and I feed them alongside Science Selective pellets. My rabbits get one large one each per day. I think they are suitable to be fed like this or as a feed just by themselves.

Bisc used to eat about half to one full stick each day. Same with the fibafirst.

This was alongside his normal pellets but I had hoped to replace them with the sticks but he ended up with all of them! He did always like to pick at a variety though as he got older.

So either way would be ok I'd say.

The digestive health are 2% higher in fibre than fibrefirst but have the same amount of protein, fat and calcium.

Ingredients are Ground alfalfa stalks, ground timothy hay, soybean hulls, ground peas, dried alfalfa protein concentrate, linseed (1%), locust bean meal, dried peppermint (1%), soya oil, fennel seeds (0.5%), dried chamomile (0.5%), oat flakes

verses fibafirst with
Timothy hay, alfalfa stalks, wheat meal, soybean meal, ground peas, locust bean meal, alfalfa protein extract, flaked oats, linseed, soya oil

They are designed to replace the pelleted food you feed. I've used them, I found them very good, but did end up switching to Fibafirst as the vet are digestive ones were hard to get hold of, and I was needing to feed fairly large amounts due to my poorly bunny, and he preferred the fibafirst. From what I remember, the nutrition levels are very similar, but the vetcare digestive one has additional ingredients to help tummies, plus they're higher in fibre.

Both are ideal for bunnies with sensitive tummies, gut problems or bunnies that don't/cannot eat a lot of hay. They are the same level of fibre as some hays!

Remember to weigh your portions at first to get a feel for it, as they are very light, so you need to feed more in volume to equal the same amount of calories/nutrition, when compared to traditional heavier pellets.

I have both the low calcium and digestive health ones. Although Charlie has never had either of these problems I give him some as an extra source of fibre. The same as fibre first. I put it with his pellets one in the morning and one at night

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Back