• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Coltsfoot

Sharpie

Warren Scout
I brought some coltsfoot from Pet supermarket online, along with other dried forage, none of my bunnies will touch the stuff? My Guinea Pig had a nibble and left it, anyone's bunnies that actually like the stuff?
It's weird looking, like leaves but weird lol

I brought some coltsfoot from Pet supermarket online, along with other dried forage, none of my bunnies will touch the stuff? My Guinea Pig had a nibble and left it, anyone's bunnies that actually like the stuff?

My buns go mad for the stuff, but as it's quite expensive, they hardly ever get it :lol:

Only one of mine likes it, but he'd eat anything !

it used to be one of bisc and matts favourites. they had it regularly. both had respiratory problems and it's meant to be good for that, so maybe they knew.

bisc couldn't have it the older he got as he couldn't manage the texture anymore which was a shame.

My buns go mad for the stuff, but as it's quite expensive, they hardly ever get it :lol:

Mine must be extremely fussy then lol
I have to do a selection of veg because certain buns wont eat certain veg lol, like snowball, wont touch tomatoes, but scoffs lettuce, cookie doesnt like sprouts or butternut, blue isnt keen on swede etc.. xD

I have to do a selection of veg because certain buns wont eat certain veg lol, like snowball, wont touch tomatoes, but scoffs lettuce, cookie doesnt like sprouts or butternut, blue isnt keen on swede etc.. xD

:lol:

You are too kind to your buns!

Mine are fussy too! They ALL hate Banana. All four of them!

The wildies near here will eat every flower but don't touch the leaves. (it only grows near 1 warren)

I've never seen real coltsfoot. I love coltsfoot rock, though. Yummy!

They are very easily identified when you know your area. The flowers which appear in spring (March in the South) are similar to smaller dandelion flowers. They have thick brownish scaley stems, & no leaves until the flowers die. The leaves are a dark green & glossy on top, & very pale whitish underneath. Round here they grow preferentially on loose soil, 1 patch is beside a raised road with a gravel bank thinly covered with soil & the other on the site of a Victorian rubbish dump.

Back