• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fern & Gillyflower

Jonm

Alpha Buck
So today we adopted Fern & Gillyflower who are approx.8-12weeks old

Their Story -
"Both Fern & Gillyflower were signed over to the RSPCA when they were just a few days old along with their mother and 5 siblings, an elderly lady had saved the pregnant rabbit from a market stall where she paid just £2 for her knowing that she was intended for the pot. Obviously when she gave birth soon afterwards the lady knew she couldn’t cope with so many mouths to feed so called the RSPCA."

As most people know from Floki's thread I'm handy with a camera so expect lots of photos :)

Fern & Gilly by Jon Morgan, on Flickr

Chase me by Jon Morgan, on Flickr

Head rubs by Jon Morgan, on Flickr

Fern by Jon Morgan, on Flickr

Gillyflower by Jon Morgan, on Flickr

Gilly by Jon Morgan, on Flickr

Gilly by Jon Morgan, on Flickr

Their RSPCA photos

20160929_112330.jpg

20160929_112742.jpg

Last edited:
It's a little different as when Floki was only 5 weeks old she could jump around 1ft high, these two are struggling just now with the house step so everything inside has been lowered to suit for now... :p

gorgeous, gorgeous bunnies. I'm glad Floki left with you the gift of wanting rabbits in your life.

gorgeous, gorgeous bunnies. I'm glad Floki left with you the gift of wanting rabbits in your life.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely this and what a precious gift :love:

The new rabbits are adorable. Floki will be smiling down at you all :love:

I'm so thrilled for you and your family Jon, How wonderful that you feel you can offer your love to some more needy bunnies. Floki would approve too. Look forward to some more photos. xxxx

I am so glad to meet Gillyflower and fern, such beautiful buns. I think floki was meant to find you to open your heart and house to bunnies. And what aheart you and your family have. Well done you xxxxx looking forward to some amazing photos. xx

Oh no, I haven't been on much, I'm so sorry to hear about Floki, she was such an amazing bunny and will sorely be missed. Ragnar I only heard about now, RIP also little bun... but I'm glad you have adopted new buns Jon. Big paws to fill but I'm sure they will do it, they look gorgeous.... RIP Floki and binky free little one :love:
x

aw, i saw these two on the rspca manchester and salford branch website. noticed they were reserved at the same time and wondered if they'd gone to the same home together :love:

Oh what beauties. Glad you have them so we can continue to see plenty of top quality photos.

They are both a little nervous at the mo, both of them hide in the kitchen or behind the sofa... although when we looked tonight Gilly was lay down with Fern all puffed up next to her...

Fern has given us a few nips tonight so we will see how that plays out..

Fern has much bigger ears :D They're both lovely! Interesting to hear about the various levels of confidence too :D

Back