• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunny shed and run... Just thought I'd share 😊

Jellybean

New Kit
Hi guys after figuring out how to put photos on here I think I have managed it! So this is my shed. The bunny in the photos is Everest (named by my 4yr old), I will post another of my second bun later. They are inseparable and adore each other! I bought a 7x5 presure treated shed from wicks. I have rubber matting (used in stables) lining the floor and 2ft up the walls. I am lining the rest of the walls and roof today, this is 1" thick. I have painted the rubber matting going up today with cream shades garden paint so that its bright in there for them. I made this platform so that they can see out of the window. I'm going to be putting a hutch in the shed too which they can camp in for the winter, and it's also another platform to jump on and play on. There is a cat flap leading to a nice long run which I'm extending and turning into an L shape. They have fleece blankets in their beds and a Vetbed on the floor. These are old photos, I need to take some up to date ones. 😊 Let's see if the photos work....
library

Hi Jellybean

We are just about to add a shed to our bunnies run & hutch.....we really would like to use a cat flap too. Did your bun start using the cat flap straight away?

Thanks

Christine x

On the floor is rubber mating that you would use in stables. It's an inch thick and its fantastic at insulating. By the time I finish it will all be insulated including the roof ☺ you can get rubber matting on eBay or from equestrian retailers. I will let you know the make of mine tomorrow a I can't remember right now xx

Hi yes both bunnies used it straight away much to my amazement but one was a little more reluctant than the other but followed him through and was fine after that. I lock it at night nd it cost £20 from pets at home xx

It looks good :) I just wonder if it would be a good idea to add some galvanised mesh around the run too. Not only to prevent a predator sticking their head in, but also incase one of the Bunnies were to get their head stuck between the bars. It's hard to judge what the bar spacing is from a photo, but it appears to be quite wide.

Hope that you dont mind me flagging this up xx

Thanks Jellybean...ive just ordered the cat flap...cant wait to get the shed attached to their run & hutch. Hubby is not a happy bunny:D

It looks great:thumb: I think stable matting is great, I had it when I had my outside rabbits, I use it in the goat's shed too. It certainly keeps them warm and is easy to keep clean.

I agree with Jane about meshing your run too, it looks like the type of run subject to a safety warning due to rabbits getting their heads stuck in it. See this thread for more info. http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...Safety-warning-about-an-enclosure-please-read

Back