• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

....And now Marmalade has myxi :'(

Thanks so much for all your posts, you really are a fab bunch, and it's helping me such a lot.

Just been sitting in the shed with Marmalade, she's eaten all her antibiotic laden treats tonight, which is wonderful :) . I've given her some more Burgess (all of which she has eaten :) ), and I've given her some more kale in case she is hungry in the night. She is pooing well. She also had a good munch of hay too and had a mini massage lol. She's gone back on her snugglesafe and I did lots of forehead stroking, which she loves, and it sends her into a dreamy state bless her.

I've bought her a big, long-haired cushion to sit on and a big fleecy blanket to sit on too so she has other snug places to sit. She also has 2 cardboard boxes filled with hay and lots of hay over her snugglesafe (which is on the base of a cat tree and is a real snuggly cubby hole).

Thanks again everyone xx

Good to hear this Jo, really good :D

THANKS EVERYONE :wave: .

Marmalade has had a good day (which means I have too :D ).....she was out and about for quite a long while this morning...longer than I intended for her, but she was obviously feeling she wanted to be. She's eaten plenty through the day and when I last looked in on her a little while ago (for the millionth time lol) she was sat on her snugglesafe and was lovely and warm. All medication taken on her treats today too thankfully. I don't think I can feel any new nodules on her, bar perhaps just a few little ones, and they are mostly crusty now.

Jo
xx

THANKS EVERYONE :wave: .

Marmalade has had a good day (which means I have too :D ).....she was out and about for quite a long while this morning...longer than I intended for her, but she was obviously feeling she wanted to be. She's eaten plenty through the day and when I last looked in on her a little while ago (for the millionth time lol) she was sat on her snugglesafe and was lovely and warm. All medication taken on her treats today too thankfully. I don't think I can feel any new nodules on her, bar perhaps just a few little ones, and they are mostly crusty now.

Jo
xx

So pleased to hear that she's had a good day and I hope that the same will apply tomorrow xx

Thanks, me too :) . As luck would have it I am off work all next week, so can keep the intensive TLC up. My parents (who live next door) check on the rabbits during the day (as they look after the dog and cat too lol!), but I'm so, so glad I can be here with her.

Obviously I've been trying to spend plenty of time with young Muffin too, who did nose to nose with me today :love: and laid out full stretch on the grass beside me when I was stroking him. He was loose in the garden so it was lovely that he chose to do that. Both firsts for him as he is usually too busy haring about like a hooligan to stop!

xx

Morning, well I think I can safely say she is virtually back to normal, and we are ecstatic! She's even had a binky in the garden and has been gadding about checking everything out. She's only done a little cough and her body feels a lot less hard and knobbly. I shall be keeping up with everything I have been doing anyway and will be using the snugglesafe every day and night from now on as it's definitely turned a lot colder. I shan't be letting her sit in the run during the day for a good few weeks (even though it has 6 inches deep of hay in it lol), I want to make sure her chest is fully better before then.

Once she is full better (another 6+ weeks away), I shall have to consider how I'm going to go about the meeting of her and Muffin again!! The next trauma ....!!

(Oh and she's just fine another binky, yippppeeee!!)

:) :) :)
XX

Morning, well I think I can safely say she is virtually back to normal, and we are ecstatic! She's even had a binky in the garden and has been gadding about checking everything out. She's only done a little cough and her body feels a lot less hard and knobbly. I shall be keeping up with everything I have been doing anyway and will be using the snugglesafe every day and night from now on as it's definitely turned a lot colder. I shan't be letting her sit in the run during the day for a good few weeks (even though it has 6 inches deep of hay in it lol), I want to make sure her chest is fully better before then.

Once she is full better (another 6+ weeks away), I shall have to consider how I'm going to go about the meeting of her and Muffin again!! The next trauma ....!!

(Oh and she's just fine another binky, yippppeeee!!)

:) :) :)
XX

Wow this is the best news :D

And nooo - it won't be a trauma meeting Muffin again - it will be fab :love:

She's really doing so well :D So pleased also that you are able to be at home this week.

Back