Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best way to weigh a continental giant??

Default Best way to weigh a continental giant??

After going to feed and snuggle Penelope she is now back breakingly heavy and huge!!

She is over a year old so want to weigh her if poss at home, she is due annual vaccines soon so will find out there, but ideally want to monitor her weight over the winter.

Any ideas/scales etc?

Human digital scales.weigh the carrier,subtract that from bunny in carrier.Hmnnm does a conti fit in a carrier though.

Can you pick her up and hold her? If so, weigh yourself on bathroom scales then weigh yourself again while holding her and work out the difference. I have no idea how heavy she is though - we have a 1.5kg mini lop

You can get baby scales or postage scale that have the display slightly separate to the scale so it's easier to see. Many vets will weigh for free too so it's worth asking your local practice. If you know how much the carrier weighs you can pop her on the scales without having to take her out even.

Yes she's a fair bit more than a mini lop!!

She isn't keen on being held, the sheer size of her aswell! I'll invest in a bigger carrier and weigh that then her in it. My local vets is quite far so I don't want to stress her out with the car journey if I can avoid!

I second weighing the carrier or a box and then pop her in it.
    (On normal weighing scales)

Binky free my sweet Aubrey

Quote Originally Posted by Kim_perkins View Post
    Yes she's a fair bit more than a mini lop!!

She isn't keen on being held, the sheer size of her aswell! I'll invest in a bigger carrier and weigh that then her in it. My local vets is quite far so I don't want to stress her out with the car journey if I can avoid!
    what's about average for a conti? Sounds like a good plan with the bigger carrier

Quote Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
    what's about average for a conti? Sounds like a good plan with the bigger carrier
    Well her mum and dad were both over 6kg!! So she should be well on her way to that now ! Last time she was weighed was A while ago and she was 4kg when she was spayed. She's now matured and definitely filled out more!

baby scales? Im not sure if these would be big enough but have a look.

Warren Veteran

See if she'll stand on the bathroom scales. She's almost certain to be over 5 kg so it should be accurate.

Either that or the Wii Fit if you have one!