Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Upper respiratory infection help please

  1. #11
    Warren Scout
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Thanks all, he's on baytril and metacam, he has pooed during the night and today and he is drinking water and eaten some mashed banana and readigrass. I was very slow and careful with the rescue formula and will ask the vet re meds you mentioned when we go tomorrow x

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    44,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andie17 View Post
    Thanks all, he's on baytril and metacam, he has pooed during the night and today and he is drinking water and eaten some mashed banana and readigrass. I was very slow and careful with the rescue formula and will ask the vet re meds you mentioned when we go tomorrow x
    Baytril and Metacam sounds good Glad to hear he's eating and doing the other normal things

    Just a thought - you could think about giving some echinacea to boost his immune system? "Natural" remedies aren't always popular here, so if you're interested just drop me a PM for dosage etc etc .. x

  3. #13
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In my Burrow
    Posts
    145,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andie17 View Post
    Thanks all, he's on baytril and metacam, he has pooed during the night and today and he is drinking water and eaten some mashed banana and readigrass. I was very slow and careful with the rescue formula and will ask the vet re meds you mentioned when we go tomorrow x
    I hope that your Bun is doing a bit better today and that he gets on OK at the Vets. It's a positive that he has some output and that he has eaten a little for himself x
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

  4. #14
    Mama Doe
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    st helens england
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    I hope your bunny gets better soon. Cant really advise because ive never experienced this problem, but ive got a few snuffle buns and when i feel wet noses or hear a sneeze i start up echinacea and it stops it developing into something serious. Maybe ask your vet about this, my vet said it was beneficial but i know people differ.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    44,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willow and squiggles View Post
    I hope your bunny gets better soon. Cant really advise because ive never experienced this problem, but ive got a few snuffle buns and when i feel wet noses or hear a sneeze i start up echinacea and it stops it developing into something serious. Maybe ask your vet about this, my vet said it was beneficial but i know people differ.
    It's proven to be beneficial for humans in clinical trials, but I know some vets are wary of 'alternatives' ..

  6. #16
    Warren Veteran cpayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dartford
    Posts
    6,841

    Default

    My specialists recommended Echinacea to me when my rabbit was on lots of different medicine to give her a boost. It certainly won't do any harm. She wasn't that keen on it though

  7. #17
    Mama Doe
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    st helens england
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    i uswe the tablets by a vogel and the liquid that you put in water xxx

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    44,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpayne View Post
    My specialists recommended Echinacea to me when my rabbit was on lots of different medicine to give her a boost. It certainly won't do any harm. She wasn't that keen on it though
    Yes I know what you mean .. When I break the capsules open to make a tea for myself .. not too great

    But I can sprinkle it onto the buns food and they gobble it up without seeming to notice

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •