• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Taking Robin for his 1st check up

TanzyPan

Alpha Buck
And I'm really wound up with my anxiety .
I'm worried it's going to be stressful for him.

He's getting microchipped and while we are there I'm going to mention the second injection available and get his teeth looked at.

He's getting microchipped and while we are there I'm going to mention the second injection available and get his teeth looked at.

When are you going? :wave:

I'm sure he will be fine :D Just dont let him eat the Vet if the Vet is a bloke !! :lol:

I'm here waiting now .. was meant to be yesterday but my favourite vet was off so I re arranged it.

The vet is male and Robin looks pretty angry haha gulp!

It's quite here thankfully.. I was worried they'd be noisy dogs
He's used to a dog but mines not much of a Barker

Robins teeth are excellent :)
His skin is super thick and the microchip took quite a bit of doing my vet was surprised ..

He didn't bite but he's definitely not happy looking like a grumpy old man. He's eating carrot tops and hay on the way home now

Oh and he has actually had a combined injection from the breeder I got him from so he's actually all up to date till next September

Oh and he has actually had a combined injection from the breeder I got him from so he's actually all up to date till next September

That's great! Did he have the new RHD2 vaccine today then? Our little guy is always a bit grumpy after the vets and thumps loudly from this carrier!

No my vets do it but I took his injection card with me to check with my vet if he needed it and he was impressed that Robin had already had a combined injection before coming home from the breeder .

So I'm happy full bill of health.. even though he's only for months old he had a good set of nuts on him apparently Haha.

My vets away for a few weeks so we will see about getting him neutered when he's back

No my vets do it but I took his injection card with me to check with my vet if he needed it and he was impressed that Robin had already had a combined injection before coming home from the breeder .

So I'm happy full bill of health.. even though he's only for months old he had a good set of nuts on him apparently Haha.

My vets away for a few weeks so we will see about getting him neutered when he's back

Great that he's already had the combi and he has a good set of nuts :lol: Will you need to go to another practice for the new vaccine then?
Sounds like he's ready to be neutered. I was nervous about having our little guy done but it's definitely best for them xx

I was very anxious too, but it's a routine op and definitely best for them. I really do understand the anxiety though xxx

Back