Aberdeen , Scotland. Mubby the wabbit and his Mummy Nicola x

excellent information!!!!!

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me about grapes

im guessing mayb they are a no no.... but mubby is rather partial

Warren Scout

I think seedless grapes are OK and my bunnies love them
    Anne

Servant of Bambi, Truffle, Harvey and Moogy

Yep, Anne's right, grapes are fine but only as a treat as they are full of sugar too. I go for the seedless ones only, as I'm not sure about grape seeds. Grape seeds are small enough to cause blockages if not digested properly, so I personally don't give them. Also grapes help to rid toxins from the blood (allegedly!). You can feed them the stalks as well providing you remember to wash them and the grapes first. You can buy vine balls as rabbit toys..............somewhere on the net but I can't remember where!
    Lynda

C.A.R.R.O.T. (Care And Rehoming Rabbits Of Tayside)
    www.bunnyhugger.co.uk

Banned

excellent thanks for that and yes its always seedless I buy!! ( too lazy to spit pips out!!lol) i thought they might be bad because of the sugar content but he only gets one occasionaly!! :wink:

thanks alot

Banned

ok again id like your opinions as ive read many different things!!

how much should i feed my rabbit ? some sites / books say unlimeted amounts to under year old bunnys , and some say go by weight of bunny.

Mubby gets pellets mainly but he likes the " luxury food " as it was called from the petshop , the red and green and yellow crunchy stuff & seeds ! ( sorry not explaining very well!lol )

should he just get the luxury stuff as a treat ? i usually put a small corner of it in his bowl next to his pellets ??

also talking of pet shop treats.... ive bought yogurt drops and crunchy carrot biscuits... are these ok ? im guessing they are as they are made for rabbits!!

and those seed stick things that hang from the cage ? ive also seen ones like " popcorn and honey sticks" ??? but i was worried about the sugar in those!

please advise!! i dont want to have a fat unhealthy wabbit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mubby
    also talking of pet shop treats.... ive bought yogurt drops and crunchy carrot biscuits... are these ok ? im guessing they are as they are made for rabbits!!

and those seed stick things that hang from the cage ? ive also seen ones like " popcorn and honey sticks" ??? but i was worried about the sugar in those!
    Not sure about feeding a young bunny, maybe others can help you there. There's also a link to the RWA info site on feeding here http://www.houserabbit.co.uk/rwf/articles/feeding.htm

I personally don't give any type of sweet treats ie yoghurt drops, chocolate drops, biscuits, honey sticks, etc, even if bought from a pet shop. They are not really necessary, can make a rabbit fat, cause tooth decay, and wreak havoc on the gut system. Pet shops only sell them to make profit, they aren't a good idea at all (no matter which brand makes them!) unless used very very sparingly and only as a treat. I prefer to give my rabbits healthy treats like a blueberry, a grape, a bit strawberry or raspberry, much tastier and much healthier! And please do NOT give dried fruit, there's no point, give them fresh all the time and only small amounts occasionally. Great for using as a bribe!
    Lynda

www.bunnyhugger.co.uk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyhuggger
    Quote Originally Posted by Mubby

Not sure about feeding a young bunny, maybe others can help you there. There's also a link to the RWA info site on feeding here http://www.houserabbit.co.uk/rwf/articles/feeding.htm

I personally don't give any type of sweet treats ie yoghurt drops, chocolate drops, biscuits, honey sticks, etc, even if bought from a pet shop. They are not really necessary, can make a rabbit fat, cause tooth decay, and wreak havoc on the gut system. Pet shops only sell them to make profit, they aren't a good idea at all (no matter which brand makes them!) unless used very very sparingly and only as a treat. I prefer to give my rabbits healthy treats like a blueberry, a grape, a bit strawberry or raspberry, much tastier and much healthier! And please do NOT give dried fruit, there's no point, give them fresh all the time and only small amounts occasionally. Great for using as a bribe!
    thanks Lynda , nope i never give dried fruit , only fresh for my bunnykins. I think i got carriedaway and bought lots of treats!! and they just sat in the cupboard since as ive been scared to give him them!!lol

fresh fruit / veg as treats only from here on in

Good, well done you, Wee Mubby will remain Wee Mubby and not progress to Big Mubby!!! :wink:
    Lynda

www.bunnyhugger.co.uk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyhuggger
    Good, well done you, Wee Mubby will remain Wee Mubby and not progress to Big Mubby!!! :wink:
    hahahha!! that made me larf!!