• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tamsin can we have a sticky

bunnyhuggger

Warren Veteran
on safe edibles for rabbits. There are so many differing opinions on what is safe and what isn't, it could be a handy reference to have a list on here, and people could add to it through time. Please :D

also if people could check before they add foods to the list (maybe there should be two separate ones good and bad), that the ones they are about to post aren't on already cos it gets a bit repetitive and confusing if you have to read through each individual post. If you want Tamsin, I could keep an eye on it for you cos I know you're a busy bun.

PS thanks Annie for the bump, you might have to do it again though!

You certainly can and if you could keep an eye on it that would be very helpful. Thanks Lynda :D

Tam

Oooooh...let's start with apple pips. A lot of people don't know that they are poisonous to buns and it was one of the first things I learnt when I got Rabbiting On. I just have a bee in my bonnet about this one.

Thanks for the reminder about the apple pips, I was cutting up an apple the other day fro the buns and thought to myself ' can rabbits eat the pips', I didn't give them to the buns anyway but couldn't quite remeber where I read it, now I know. Thanks Again!

yes i'm afraid they are, but I think maybe over a matter of time rather than immediately. Please correct me if I'm wrong anybody!!!!

Some things are fatal almost within hours and other things affect the body over a matter of time if supplied on a regular basis.

If your bunny has been ok up to now, then it should be fine :wink: , but don't give pips any more.

I don't even give mine grapes that have seeds in, only seedless, washed and with the stalks on. Before, I used to spend ages picking all the grapes off the stalks :lol:

Apple pips in a large amount and over time contain cynaide(um think thats how you spell it). Also wouldn't pips be the right size to cause blockages if not digested properly?

Angela

I think that's right Angie, and yes I think they are about the same size as locust beans and locust beans are known to cause blockages in buns.

Back