• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you serve your hay?!

Kim_w

Mama Doe
I put redigrass in a bowl and hay in small piles a couple of times a day but it often just gets mixed in with the straw.

Was thinking about maybe putting a tappet ware tub in there full of hay? Wasn't sure about a hay rack as imagined it feels foe natural for them to eat off the floor but on the other hand they already have 3 other bowls in there.

i have some in litter trays and i made wooden hay manger things to fill with hay but i do give them the odd pile because i like seeing them spread it and choose all the good bits. I find whenever i put a pile in or refresh they dive in and eat loads more than when i give a massive load all at once. It must be tastier when its first put out :lol:

I put the cheap stuff in their tray as bedding and the expensive stuff in hay racks, although rather than eating it from the rack they like to use their claws and teeth to pull it all out of the rack before eating it :roll: Rabbits will often dig their noses through bedding/hay piles to find tasty bits so I wouldn't worry too much if it gets mixed in, if they're hungry they'll sniff it out

My girls get they hay in 4 different ways. Three are similar.
One in a hay rack built into their litter tray, another in a hay tower from MPH, one from a hay bar from MPH (with holes, not bars) and also in a underbed storage box.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Robin has a hay rack in the outside part of his house and on the inside they is a ledge he sits up on and he has a second pile.

At night he will usually only eat the pile that's inside his home on the ledge.
He hasn't got any near his little tray at all

In their litter trays and also the good old ikea bag holder above the litter trays (although they always pull the hay out into the trays anyway!)

I put mine in litter trays. My pair have under be storage boxes and my single has a corner tray and a plastic dogs bed. Seems to work well and they're all fully little trained with it too

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Both in a Manor Pet Housing hay bar (posh timothy hay) and in litter trays (from a farm bale).

Back