• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Salt licks ?

TanzyPan

Alpha Buck
Robin has one because all my other rabbits have had one in the past.. I'm just wondering do they actually need one or not?

All Robins does with his is throws it about:D

I don't bother buying these as all my previous buns and current bun have liked to lick me, I was their salt lick :D

I had one when we first got the rabbits as it came free with them (?!). It went mouldy so I threw it in the bin and never replaced it.

No they don't need one :) With good pellets, plenty of hay and a variety of veggies they should be getting all the minerals they need. Plus I don't really trust what some of these pet companies put in to stuff like this, too much of certain vitamins/minerals can be a bad thing

I think (but maybe I dreamt it) they are scarily high in calcium so could be worse than a waste of money.

I'll remove it in the morning then ... but not to worry the only tongue that's been on it is mine :D haha don't ask !

Back