• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What can. I expect if ..

TanzyPan

Alpha Buck
If* Robin does have a teeth problem even though he's a babe still what can I expect?
My mind is running faster than I can keep up with .
His eye is no different it's not any wetter , looks the same !
But now I'm all paranoid that he gets a little wet nose , it's not running but his fur looks slightly wet.

I'm trying not to work myself into a panic , himself he's as naughty as always still , into everything, sitting on the coffee table knocking stuff off and eating well and lots of binkies

If* Robin does have a teeth problem even though he's a babe still what can I expect?
My mind is running faster than I can keep up with .
His eye is no different it's not any wetter , looks the same !
But now I'm all paranoid that he gets a little wet nose , it's not running but his fur looks slightly wet.

I'm trying not to work myself into a panic , himself he's as naughty as always still , into everything, sitting on the coffee table knocking stuff off and eating well and lots of binkies

It's unlikely, but not impossible, that Robin has a tooth problem. But you will become a total stress ball if you worry about things that haven't happened yet! :)

Sometimes elongated tooth roots can exert pressure on the tear duct and cause a runny eye. So long as it doesn't get repeatedly infected, just bathe it in cooled boiled water with a tiny pinch of salt, and you'll keep things looking good :D

I am not going to post any links, as it will only worry you further - please don't!! He's a beautiful rabbit and you are such a caring owner. Don't worry yourself into a frazzle :D

I have health anxiety :( which I've been having therapy for and getting a rabbit was meant to relieve my anxiety as I love watching them play but with what happen with Aubrey has me on the edge ..

I'm just anxious I could loose Robin too.

So in scared he'll need a operation or they won't be able to neuter him because he has a tooth thing to get other ..
My partner thinks I'm nuts as he's never seen such a happy rabbit before

I have health anxiety :( which I've been having therapy for and getting a rabbit was meant to relieve my anxiety as I love watching them play but with what happen with Aubrey has me on the edge ..

So in scared he'll need a operation or they won't be able to neuter him because he has a tooth thing to get other ..

As I said previously, I'll eat my hat if he has Dental problems. Elongated tooth roots are an ACQUIRED condition- it develops over time. More time than Robin has been alive !!

Please try not to let your anxiety about his teeth (which I bet are FINE) detract from what joy Robin will bring you as he grows up. He loves his hay, which is FANTASTIC for his teeth and his tum. Perhaps he needs to reconsider exercising those gnashers on your menfolk though !! :lol:

Aww I am really sorry have you have your own anxiety. The problem with rabbits is that they *do* relieve stress, but only after you've got over the initial panic phase when something seems not right with them.

Try and weather this early phase. You had some bad luck with Aubrey, and there's no reason to suppose Robin will have troubles in the same way.

Also, if the teeth are a problem, it's very easy to live with (I've lived with more dental rabbits that I could care to count!) and won't in any way affect his neuter ...

Enjoy your happy rabbit :wave:

I am sure that his teeth are fine. He's only a baby and the fact that he loves his hay is great. I know that anxiety can run away with your thoughts, but please try to relax and enjoy him. You were incredibly unlucky with what happened to Aubrey, you are a great bunny mum and I am sure that Robin will be fine in every way. He sounds like a normal, happy, healthy rabbit to me :thumb:

Back