• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions on this cage for two rabbits

The so-called sleeping compartment is only 3ft 1in L x 3ft 4in W x 3ft 4in H
Whole thing 5ft 11in L x 3ft 4 in W x 5ft 7in H

So very small.
Difficult to clean, as well, apparently.

It would be a decent space for Guinea pigs but they need more indoor space than outdoor and the ramp doesn't look suitable for them. Not for either, imo.

I think for two Guinea pigs a 4x2 space is required or it might now be 5x2 (I can't remember, it's been a while since I've had piggies D: ), so perhaps they could go for a 6x2x2 hutch instead which would be ample room for Guinea pigs? Bit tricky if they don't want to order from some good suppliers though! :)

For the size of the coop i was really shocked how expensive it is. It also looks like its made with soft wood so will chew in minutes. She could get far bigger for a better price somewhere i think. I got my hutches from home and roost and ive done so much to them by cutting holes out to join them together and took solid panels out of doors and adding mesh that you would think they would be weak but they are really well made and i got the second one when they had a sale.

The trouble with coops is that chickens don't need as much space to nest in so they have a bigger outdoor area .

Robin has a coop , his has two levels and a small pen but he's also a house bunny and his home is just his base.
For if he's had enough of us or visitors with kids.

They are better Coops than this on the market that can suit two rabbits:)

I don't know anything about ginnie pigs

Thanks everyone - I'll send her a message tomorrow letting her know its too small & probably wouldn't last that long with pets that like to chew soft wood.
I'll try Welfare Hutches, Boyles & MPH with her again, just in case I can talk her into it.

I don't feel it is suitable for rabbits or piggies. I know people do have ramps for piggies but that is far too steep and not enough indoor space.

For the size of the coop i was really shocked how expensive it is. It also looks like its made with soft wood so will chew in minutes. She could get far bigger for a better price somewhere i think. I got my hutches from home and roost and ive done so much to them by cutting holes out to join them together and took solid panels out of doors and adding mesh that you would think they would be weak but they are really well made and i got the second one when they had a sale.

I think this ^^^

I find chicken coops very expensive, not good value for the space you get, and also rather flimsy.
This is based on those I have seen in use for rabbits.

Back