• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Out door hutch and its bedding.

Macwannab

New Kit
Hi all,juts wondering what you put down in your hutches,we have a litter tray with paper shavings in,biodegradable one recommend from pets at home but then the rest of the hutch is hay,should we be putting something under the neath the hay as sometimes there's spaces that are bare,as he moves it around,and I'm not sure this is enough for him.

Hello! When I had mine in a hutch I had Non- slip lino covering the whole bottom of the hutch, this was for easy cleaning and to save the wood from becoming wet if they weed on it. If you have a suitable layer of hay covering the bottom and they're moving it to where hey want it to be then I wouldn't worry about having any other bedding beneath it as it'd be (in my opinion) wasteful because they'll still move all the bedding to wherever they want it! :lol: Perhaps as it's becoming winter you can add a bunch of straw and hay for warmth, it also means he can dig through it. :)

My lot have a lino floor and litter trays (32 litre underbed storage boxes) with newspaper, straw and hay in them. They often chill out in their litter trays.

Back