• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kirsty ~ May 2007 to Sunday 2nd October 2016

LagomorphLion

Warren Scout
You know. I love you. And I know you love me too.

It's only been a week since you left this world, but it feels like so much longer. You are so much more than 'just a rabbit'. There isn't a second that goes past without me thinking of you. I don't want either of us to remember each other for the last days, they weren't a true representation of our journey together. But the night before, in the vets, when I visited you. It felt like the 'old days'. You had your favourite pineapple and papaya treats and carrot baby food as I told you over and over again how much I loved you. I still do. I always have and always will. You gave me kisses and gave you kisses. And I saw that smile of yours, that perfect, loving, goofy smile of yours that never failed to bring a smile to my face. I couldn't have wished for a better buddy.

You came home in 2007, when you were just 2 months old. I remember you hopping around the living room, when your ears looked twice the size they should have been. And I think everyone remembers you chewing through the Playstation controller lead...especially my brother!

When I first saw you and you stood out from all of the others, and I instantly knew you were the one

When you were still in the process of training us, and we thought it would be a good idea to let you free range in the garden on a harness and lead...and you headed straight for the perfectly dig-able ground by the hedge, how we didn't loose you I don't know!

When you had your pellets, and you always had a good dig on your bowl, as if it would make more appear

When you saw me coming with your morning treat, and you hopped down your ramp, into your run, got your treat, did at least one circuit of the run with the treat in your mouth and then proceeded to go back into the bottom of your hutch to munch away

When it snowed and you just sat in your run, in the snow basket you very skilfully made yourself

When we played catch with your little wooden dumbbell

When you growled at the dustpan and brush when they pushed their luck

When you did your 'wash, wash, wipes' and anyone around would 'ooh' and 'ahh' over you

When you discovered your digging box and went nuts, then made me panic when you flopped afterwards

When you first met Bubbs, your feline friend forever and had nose kisses through the mesh with him

When we chilled out in the garden on the patio in the evenings

When you jumped right over me when I was led on my side

When you rested your head in my hands as I stroked between your eyes and you fell fast asleep

When it was raining really heavily and I brought you inside until it stopped, and we curled up on the floor together, and then Bubbles came over and we all snuggled up and you two fell asleep

When I brought you into the garage last Winter, and you completely took over it

When I brought you inside on Christmas Day, and we opened your presents

When you came into the living room and got really excited, put your paws up on the sofa and bit my Mum's bottom :lol:

When you peed on the carpet but nobody ever stayed angry for long because you were just so adorable

When you peed on my back...

When you peed on my lap...

When you peed on the sofa (ssh, no-one has found out!)

When I brought you home, when you had passed and you, Bubbs and Me all sat in the sun at the bottom of the garden. I held you, and whilst you didn't hold on to me like you always did, you still managed to pee on me. And when I held you for the very last time when I dropped you off at the vets, you managed to pee on me again, and through the sadness and tears everyone laughed, you've always spread happiness and joy.

When you just threw yourself down your ramp in your new hutch, like a little rocket bunny

When you bolted up and down your run to get treats

When you did tricks...again for treats!

When I kissed the little white tip of your left ear

When you snatched a whole carrot off of me and quickly hopped away so I couldn't take it off you

When the first thing I did in the morning was see your beautiful face and smile

When the last thing I did at night was see your beautiful face and smile

And whilst we may not be physically together right now, we will always be in each others hearts.

And we will cherish those memories, smiles and laughs.

Because I love you and you love Me, and that will always be.

Sweet dreams my world, my universe, my life.

I love you Bunny Kins, I love you Bunny Boos, I love you Kirsty, I love you. <3

Last edited:

It's only been a week since you left this world, but it feels like so much longer. You are so much more than 'just a rabbit'. There isn't a second that goes past without me thinking of you. I don't want either of us to remember each other for the last days, they weren't a true representation of our journey together. But the night before, in the vets, when I visited you. It felt like the 'old days'. You had your favourite pineapple and papaya treats and carrot baby food as I told you over and over again how much I loved you. I still do. I always have and always will. You gave me kisses and gave you kisses. And I saw that smile of yours, that perfect, loving, goofy smile of yours that never failed to bring a smile to my face. I couldn't have wished for a better buddy.

You came home in 2007, when you were just 2 months old. I remember you hopping around the living room, when your ears looked twice the size they should have been. And I think everyone remembers you chewing through the Playstation controller lead...especially my brother!

When I first saw you and you stood out from all of the others, and I instantly knew you were the one

When you were still in the process of training us, and we thought it would be a good idea to let you free range in the garden on a harness and lead...and you headed straight for the perfectly dig-able ground by the hedge, how we didn't loose you I don't know!

When you had your pellets, and you always had on a good dig on your bowl, as if it would make more appear

When you saw me coming with your morning treat, and you hopped down your ramp, into your run, got your treat, did at least one circuit of the run with the treat in your mouth and then proceeded to go back into the bottom of your hutch to munch away

When it snowed and you just sat in your run, in the snow basket you very skilfully made yourself

When you did your 'wash, wash, wipes' and anyone around would 'ooh' and 'ahh' over you

When you discovered your digging box and went nuts, then made me panic when you flopped afterwards

When you first met Bubbs, your feline friend forever and had nose kisses through the mesh with him

When you rested your head in my hands as I stroked between your eyes and you fell fast asleep

When it was raining really heavily and I brought you inside until it stopped, and we curled up on the floor together, and then Bubbles came over and we all snuggle up and you two fell asleep

When you came into the living room and got really excited, put your paws up on the sofa and bit my Mum's bottom :lol:

When you peed on the carpet but nobody ever stayed angry for long because you were just so adorable

When I brought you home, when you had passed and you, Bubbs and Me all sat in the sun at the bottom of the garden. I held you, and whilst you didn't hold on to me like you always did, you still managed to pee on me. And when I held you for the very last time when I dropped you off at the vets, you managed to pee on me again, and through the sadness and tears everyone laughed, you've always spread happiness and joy.

When you just threw yourself down your ramp in your new hutch, like a little rocket bunny

When you snatched a whole carrot off of me and quickly hopped away so I couldn't take it off you

And whilst we may not be physically together right now, we will always be in each others hearts.

(((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))

Kirsty will remain in your heart forever xx

What a very moving and beautiful tribute to Kirsty, a much loved rabbit :love: I am sure he will remain with you always.

When you had your pellets, and you always had on a good dig on your bowl, as if it would make more appear

When it was raining really heavily and I brought you inside until it stopped, and we curled up on the floor together, and then Bubbles came over and we all snuggled up and you two fell asleep

I was totally moved by your wonderful tribute to a darling rabbit, LagomorphLion :love:

Crying here :cry::cry::cry:
A beautiful tribute. All the best times wonderfully put and recalled and even the saddest with a touching memory.
Bless you and Kirsty. Nothing will ever truly keep you apart.

Binky free little one, and sleep well. xxxxx

That has me smiling and crying at the same time - such a lovely tribute to a beautiful bun.

Binky free Kirsty sweetheart - always and forever loved xxxx

Friday 12th of May 2017

Today we would have celebrated 10 years of you being in this world.

10 years full of love, joy and laughs.

And even though you are no longer on Earth I still feel the unconditional love you gave me and everyone you met.

With time it has started to become easier to go back and remember all those happy times we shared together, because there were so many.

And whilst I still miss you dreadfully everyday, I count myself the luckiest person alive to have just met you, let alone experienced the beautiful relationship we shared.

Happy 10th Birthday my Love, thank you for everything.

I love you Kirsty, I love you. x

Back