• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do I find a new love for my bun?

sammy4586

Young Bun
Hiya, I'm just after some advice. My bunny is nearly 8, he lost his brother when he was 4 and luckily I managed to bond him with a dear girly that he spent the last 4 years with. The bond was really easy and they hit off straight away.

Sadly she's recently passed on, he himself seems okay, but you can see he is missing her. I'm just wondering because he is getting on a bit now, would it be worth finding him some company again or would he be better on his own

Hiya, I'm just after some advice. My bunny is nearly 8, he lost his brother when he was 4 and luckily I managed to bond him with a dear girly that he spent the last 4 years with. The bond was really easy and they hit off straight away.

Sadly she's recently passed on, he himself seems okay, but you can see he is missing her. I'm just wondering because he is getting on a bit now, would it be worth finding him some company again or would he be better on his own

If he's been used to company, then it would be kindest to let him have a friend again. Sometimes I find bunnies completely come alive again with enjoyment for life when they get a new friend :D

The oldest bunny I've bonded was a blind 13 year old, so goes to show ... it's never too late! x

Thankyou, I did think as he has had a companion all his life it would be sad to see him on his own. I'll give it a little while but I will try and find him a new love

Back