• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet Bed Munching

bunnymum85

Warren Scout
Hello,

Who uses vet bed in their hutch? If so, I have one I bought from ebay, which has a rubber backing that I'm frequently finding in the hutch the next morning, as bunny digs it up, and shreds it.
Is this right, or do I have an inferior vet bed?
It was this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/2918...=1007247&device=c&campaignid=207297426&crdt=0

Bunny is currently hutch bound, as she recovers from sore hocks, and I'm wondering what else I could use if vet bed is a problem?

Thank you

Last edited:
I have the same stuff (same seller too I believe), mine don't chew/dig much but Elmo did start digging up a corner at one point so i used double sided sticky tape to fix it down and he leaves it alone now. I don't know much about sore hocks I'm afraid, if you change the title of your post to include 'Sore Hocks' then someone more experienced should come along :)

It's nice stuff, I just wasn't sure if it was the same as the vets use, as in a cheaper version. How long have you used it for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically it's not the exact same, vets use the green back stuff (isn't non slip so it can be washed at very high temperatures). The stuff you've linked to and what i have has a useful no-slip backing so rabbits are less likely to move it about when they dig/run on it, but because of that it can only be washed at 40 degrees so no good for vets. It's lovely stuff though, just be careful and make sure you check under it regularly. I left it for quite a few days, and because it felt completely dry and there was no smell i thought they'd just been using their litter tray well, lifted it up and the puppy pads below were drenched :roll: But it definitely does a good job of allowing any liquid to drain through keeping the pet lovely and dry and comfortable. To edit the title just click edit post and you can do it there, or just make a new one :)