• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tutorial: Adding Images

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
Can I add images to my posts?

Yes, images can be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a seperate image host, we recommend http://www.photobucket.com or http://www.muchos.co.uk You cannot link to pictures stored on your own computer.

Uploading your images to an image host

First sign up with either http://www.photobucket.com or http://www.muchos.co.uk you will be asked to provide details such as a username and password. Once you have signed up follow the instructions to upload images from your cmoputer.

Adding an image to a post

To display an image, you must surround the web address pointing to the image with tags. For example:

[code][img]http://www.photobucket.com/images/myphoto.jpg[/code]

To get the image web address you can copy the code provided by your image host. If you are not using an image host or they do not provide the code you can copy the web address from the address bar of your web browser. To do this first find the image, then right click on it and select ''view image'. Then select the address shown in the address bar at the top of your browser and copy and paste it into your message.

Copy & Paste

To copy and paste the web address first highlight it by holding down the left mouse button and dragging the mouse along the address. You can then copy it by pressing the 'ctrl' and 'c' buttons on your keyboard simultaniously, and paste it into your message by pressing 'ctrl' and 'v'. Alternatively once you have highlighted the address you can select 'copy' from the edit menu on you browser and then paste from the same menu.

Problems

If you have any problems contact us and we'll do our best to help you out.

Have fun!

I've joined photobucket, But however small I make my photo's when I upload them into my album I'm only getting 1/4 picture :?

Photobucket say this:

Q: I only see the top half of my image - the rest is grey
A: You're not allowing your image to finish uploading.

Does it sound like whats happening? If so once you have hit the upload button wait for longer.

Tam

Erm.... Tamsin, I am trying to add my signature and am copying and pasting but somehow it won't work, can you help, please? You can see from the duff signature what is there but it isn't working. I must ask Shantel if she will update it anyway as half my bumbles aren't on there!

I *think* the problem might be the image format, .bmp isn't a format thats usually used on the web. I've converted it to a different format and emailed it to you, so try that and see if it works. If not more head scratching is needed :)

Hi Tamsin

I first of all congrats on a fab website, i wish i was as clever!

I have an email that has been sent to me with pictures of my rabbits, is there any way i can transfer them to photobucket or directly to my Rabbits united account?

please keep any instructions really simple!

Thanks Keri

I'm not sure what a RRH account is but you can follow the instructions above for photobucket. You'll just need to add in the step of saving the images in the email to your computer first. This can usually be done by selecting them (click on the image), right clicking and choosing the 'save image' option.

If you get stuck you can forward the email to me along with your account login details and I'll do it for you :D

Tam

hi,
thanx you, but can sign up to it was u have to be at least 16 years of age and im 15
becky
C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel\Desktop\Shared Folder\Rebecca\Image003.jpg

Pssst, cheat, tell them you're 16! They won't find out, or if you're not comfortable with that, get another member of your family to register for you. :D

bunnyhuggger said:
Pssst, cheat, tell them you're 16! They won't find out, or if you're not comfortable with that, get another member of your family to register for you. :D

LYNDA :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
How can you go about teaching a young girl such things :?: She probably knew that already but was trying to be honest with the rest of the forum as we know her age already :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

ignore me
I did get the piccy of becky's bunnies on here.. now it dont work and i cant delete the post oops hehehe.
I'll try again

f6aef11b.jpg

Chris
ooooo working now!

Jay - :oops: ach well................ :lol:

Chris - nope, but if you right click on the red cross, go down to properties and click on that, highlight and copy the url, paste that into the address line, click go, and come back to the page, you'll see a lovely pic of two black and white buns! :D

its working now! :p
Think the site its on had a hiccup cos i couldnt view it there either.
Oh well.. becky.. you need to do as bunnyhugger says.. right click on the picture go to properties and copy the url it says there into the post.. clicking on img button before and after it. Then it should work.
Chris

Just spent ages trying to get a picture of Rosie and Jack. I think it is successful. Now I have to work out how to get this picture as my avatar. Is it just me or is it complicated??

r0300175.jpg

Nah, just turn around three times, click your heals and say "I wish this photo was my avatar" :D

Tamsin

Tam wrote
Nah, just turn around three times, click your heals and say "I wish this photo was my avatar"

My goodness...it worked

Now...turn round three times, click my heels and say "I wish all this work was done"

Back