• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rudy, U/D ...the end...

He's been examined by a vet this morning and she strongly suspects the leg issue is cancer, so probably related to what's going on in his chest. After much debating we've decided he's to have an x-ray tomorrow to determine what's going on and then make any decisions from there. on seeing him at the surgery today she didn't feel there was a need to PTS today, there wasn't anything to suggest he was in masses of pain, but the x-ray may tell a different story and he may be hiding it.

I was anticipating letting him go today so I'm feeling a weird limbo at the moment.

He's been examined by a vet this morning and she strongly suspects the leg issue is cancer, so probably related to what's going on in his chest. After much debating we've decided he's to have an x-ray tomorrow to determine what's going on and then make any decisions from there. on seeing him at the surgery today she didn't feel there was a need to PTS today, there wasn't anything to suggest he was in masses of pain, but the x-ray may tell a different story and he may be hiding it.

I was anticipating letting him go today so I'm feeling a weird limbo at the moment.

I hope the X-ray goes smoothly and Rudy continues to have a painfree life x

I'm sorry that the Vet suspects metastatic disease :cry: I know that you and your lovely Vet will do what is best for Rudy. I am thinking of you and little Rudy xx

I'm sorry :cry: I hope it's not as bad as you fear. Sending lots of vibes and hugs xx

Thanks all.

I really don't know how I'm going to get through today. I've been cuddling Rudy for ages and he's such a clingy bunny, if I have to let him go it's going to be so hard. I thought I was already dead inside but I'm clearly not as I'm far from 'on automatic pilot' for this one.

Just checking in again to say that I am still thinking of you and of Rudy xx

Thank you.

Thanks to all who sent good wishes.

Rudy is still with us but the x-ray shows bone involvement. The vet did feel Rudy would be in a fair bit of pain but didn't feel today was the right time to PTS. She wants to gather information, do a bit more research then get back to me.

He's always been a nervous traveller but coped really well with today. he was eating dandelions just a few minutes after arriving home which is truly amazing for him. :love:

I hope that Rudy can remain comfortable for as long as possible, sending lots more vibes and hugs xx

Thank you.

Rudy is still with us but the x-ray shows bone involvement. The vet did feel Rudy would be in a fair bit of pain but didn't feel today was the right time to PTS. She wants to gather information, do a bit more research then get back to me.

He's always been a nervous traveller but coped really well with today. he was eating dandelions just a few minutes after arriving home which is truly amazing for him. :love:

Oh I am sorry :cry: Not the news we were hoping for.

I am glad that Rudy coped OK with the journey and I hope that he can remain as comfortable as possible xx

Thank you.

So sorry to hear this :(

He seems to be fighting on for the time being, and I know you'll fight alongside him x

Back