Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rudy, U/D ...the end...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Buddy View Post
    Thanks all for the support.

It's the bad news I was expecting - 'it' has progressed and is killing him. He's dying and even if we knew what 'it' was he's too weak to undergo anything invasive. He's bright enough within himself at the moment but as we don't know what 'it' is then we don't know if he had days... weeks... months, I have a bad feeling about it progressing fast.

The thing has grown and his arteries are narrowed, 'it' probably is something spreading within both lungs, he doesn't have pneumonia and he's bright enough but his breathing will deteriorate, much like Artie's did at the end of his life, it's not bringing back happy memories. There's no treatment to suggest as no fluid in his lungs etc, steroids at a later stage may be an option but they could make it worse. FHB will be reviewing his case and may possibly have some suggestions. She's seen the first x-ray as well, as, as a retired person (!) she was on the premises this morning ... ironically she's preparing for a vet CPD on 'diseases of the thorax and abdomen".

He's coming round from the sedation and depending on how well he comes round he's either coming home later or tomorrow. I'll spoil him for as long as he's got.

My heart goes out to you BB. I am so sorry.

I hope Rudy has a comfortable time with you for as long as he's got. I know you will totally spoil him rotten

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Buddy View Post
    Thanks all for the support.

It's the bad news I was expecting - 'it' has progressed and is killing him. He's dying and even if we knew what 'it' was he's too weak to undergo anything invasive. He's bright enough within himself at the moment but as we don't know what 'it' is then we don't know if he had days... weeks... months, I have a bad feeling about it progressing fast.

The thing has grown and his arteries are narrowed, 'it' probably is something spreading within both lungs, he doesn't have pneumonia and he's bright enough but his breathing will deteriorate, much like Artie's did at the end of his life, it's not bringing back happy memories. There's no treatment to suggest as no fluid in his lungs etc, steroids at a later stage may be an option but they could make it worse. FHB will be reviewing his case and may possibly have some suggestions. She's seen the first x-ray as well, as, as a retired person (!) she was on the premises this morning ... ironically she's preparing for a vet CPD on 'diseases of the thorax and abdomen".

He's coming round from the sedation and depending on how well he comes round he's either coming home later or tomorrow. I'll spoil him for as long as he's got.
    I am so sorry that it is not good news The only 'good' thing is that as long as Rudy feels well within himself he will have no idea about how poorly he is. Sadly it is you who has to do the 'knowing'

I hope that he will be well enough to come home today and that he can then enjoy whatever time he has remaining. Sending many hugs to you xx

Wise Old Thumper Barn Yard Bunnies's Avatar

Really sorry it was such sad news from your vets.

Mama Doe

So sorry it's such bad news. Lots of coping vibes for you and lots of love to Rudy. xxxxx

I'm so sorry I hope he can remain well for as long as possible. Sending hugs and vibes xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I'm so very sorry Rudy's prognosis was not better. I am heartbroken for you. (((((Huge hugs)))))
    Thinking of you and sending vibes and prayers for Rudy to remain as comfy as possible for as long as possible. xxxxx

Mama Doe

I am so sorry. I know you will do your very best for Rudy and he will be spoilt to bits. Thinking of you xx
    My special bunnies, Gabriel Honeybunny and Mabel Flump (NWRR).
    Sleep tight my precious Noo, darling Spring, handsome BJ, beloved Rosie, fluffy man Herbie, little poppet Hollie and wee Bobbin xx

I'm really sorry its not much better news. I hope you have some really special times ahead with your lovely boy

I'm sorry it wasn't a better result xx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Wooden indoor guinea pig / rabbit cage for sale in Cambridge : https://www.gumtree.com/p/pet-equipm...ils/1238281073

I just think he looks so sad right now, but I might be trying too hard to not miss anything. Earlier when I was making a brew he was racing back on forth on his top shelf in anticipation of what I would bring out of the kitchen. He took about 5 hours to get interested in a spring green leaf but it's gone now, completely gone within 1/2 hour or so when he decided to eat it.

I was very worried for him when I got him home it took such a long time for him to calm down. He's such a gentle soul, I cant let anything bad happen to him.

My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)