Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rudy, U/D ...the end...

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Just adding vibes for Rudy. I hope the vet is able to get some answers for you xx
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Wise Old Thumper

Still sending lots of vibes for Rudy xx

Love and hugs with get well soon vibes x

Binky free my sweet Aubrey

Thanks all, much appreciated. Today's message says he's still breathing fast even though he's less stressed. I'm very worried for him

My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Buddy View Post
    Thanks all, much appreciated. Today's message says he's still breathing fast even though he's less stressed. I'm very worried for him
    I wont say 'try not to worry' as I know it's impossible not to do so. I just hope that whatever is causing the increased respiratory rate can be managed with treatment xx

Vibes for Rudy and hugs for you xxx

Warren Veteran

Also sending loads of vibes for Rudy and hugs for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Buddy View Post

Loads of vibes for Rudy. A sweet rabbit with a beautiful name

Hugs for you BB x

Thanks all for the support.

It's the bad news I was expecting - 'it' has progressed and is killing him. He's dying and even if we knew what 'it' was he's too weak to undergo anything invasive. He's bright enough within himself at the moment but as we don't know what 'it' is then we don't know if he had days... weeks... months, I have a bad feeling about it progressing fast.

The thing has grown and his arteries are narrowed, 'it' probably is something spreading within both lungs, he doesn't have pneumonia and he's bright enough but his breathing will deteriorate, much like Artie's did at the end of his life, it's not bringing back happy memories. There's no treatment to suggest as no fluid in his lungs etc, steroids at a later stage may be an option but they could make it worse. FHB will be reviewing his case and may possibly have some suggestions. She's seen the first x-ray as well, as, as a retired person (!) she was on the premises this morning ... ironically she's preparing for a vet CPD on 'diseases of the thorax and abdomen".

He's coming round from the sedation and depending on how well he comes round he's either coming home later or tomorrow. I'll spoil him for as long as he's got.

My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

Warren Veteran

How heartbreaking I am so sorry that the news is not better. Poor Rudy

Sending loads and loads of squishy hugs. All he will know is that he is being very spoilt and enormously loved.