Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 119 of 119

Thread: Rudy, U/D 19 ... the beginning of the end... U/D ??cancer

  1. #111
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    124,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Buddy View Post
    The 'lesion' in Rudy's chest doesn't seem to have changed much since his x-ray in October

    A vet who I've know for 8+ years has looked at the leg x-rays and is less convinced that it is cancer ...
    That sounds to be much better news than expected


    Imitated but never replicated :-)

  2. #112
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    23,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Buddy View Post
    The 'lesion' in Rudy's chest doesn't seem to have changed much since his x-ray in October

    A vet who I've know for 8+ years has looked at the leg x-rays and is less convinced that it is cancer ...

  3. #113
    Mama Doe
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Isle of Wight. UK
    Posts
    1,412

    Default

    That's much better. Still sending lots of love and vibes for Rudy. xxxxx

  4. #114
    Wise Old Thumper Bunny Buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,148

    Default

    Thanks again everyone. I finally got feedback yesterday from the vet who did the x-rays. The delay was because she's been communicating with a rabbit specialist re the images, treatment, prognosis etc. The rabbit specialist also said, "I wouldn't like to diagnose cancer on these images". There is obviously disease process of some sort but it could be a few different options. Without sedation for better x-rays or biopsy we won't know but the consensus is none of those things would alter the treatment options so we are just continuing to keep him on painkillers and monitor.

    The rabbit savvy vet was talking about vaccinating him in a months time if he continues to remain stable. It makes sense but will still be nerve wracking.


    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

  5. #115
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    124,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Buddy View Post
    Thanks again everyone. I finally got feedback yesterday from the vet who did the x-rays. The delay was because she's been communicating with a rabbit specialist re the images, treatment, prognosis etc. The rabbit specialist also said, "I wouldn't like to diagnose cancer on these images". There is obviously disease process of some sort but it could be a few different options. Without sedation for better x-rays or biopsy we won't know but the consensus is none of those things would alter the treatment options so we are just continuing to keep him on painkillers and monitor.

    The rabbit savvy vet was talking about vaccinating him in a months time if he continues to remain stable. It makes sense but will still be nerve wracking.
    I understand that as I was in a similar situation with one of mine. He was vaccinated and thankfully he has remained well. I hope that Rudy continues to remain stable x


    Imitated but never replicated :-)

  6. #116
    Forum Buddy Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    21,411

    Default

    This is great news I hope he remains stable

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  7. #117
    Wise Old Thumper MimzMum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Heart&Soul:Alaska, Rest of me:Oregon
    Posts
    12,629

    Default

    So glad to hear the news has gotten brighter for you and Rudy.
    I really hope he will remain well and have many enjoyable days ahead with you. xxxx

  8. #118
    Wise Old Thumper Bunny Buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,148

    Default

    Rudy had a review with the vet yesterday. He's now using both hind legs! She feels the Metacam is making him a lot more comfortable. He's without doubt happy in himself at the moment and I don't hear him coughing/retching very often. I rarely hear noisy breathing. He hasn't lost any more weight.

    This vet isn't keen to vaccinate and explained her reasons: given we don't know what is going on in his chest we don't know how the extra effort required of his body when he is vaccinated will affect him. Very sound reasoning, I think. She also felt we don't have to worry unduly about myxomatosis vaccination given that he has a good history spanning 9 years + of appropriate vaccination. He's not due that one til June, it's just the VHD2 he's overdue.


    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

  9. #119
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    124,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Buddy View Post
    Rudy had a review with the vet yesterday. He's now using both hind legs! She feels the Metacam is making him a lot more comfortable. He's without doubt happy in himself at the moment and I don't hear him coughing/retching very often. I rarely hear noisy breathing. He hasn't lost any more weight.

    This vet isn't keen to vaccinate and explained her reasons: given we don't know what is going on in his chest we don't know how the extra effort required of his body when he is vaccinated will affect him. Very sound reasoning, I think. She also felt we don't have to worry unduly about myxomatosis vaccination given that he has a good history spanning 9 years + of appropriate vaccination. He's not due that one til June, it's just the VHD2 he's overdue.
    Sounds like a good update to me and your RS Vet is the one best placed to advise you re the vaccinating


    Imitated but never replicated :-)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •