Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rudy, U/D ...the end...

Default Rudy, U/D ...the end...

A couple of months ago he was investigated for weight loss and was found to have 'something' in his lungs. He had three x-rays at monthly intervals and the 'something' didn't change so it was decided that as 'it' wasn't bothering him, we wouldn't bother 'it'. His blood tests didn't show anything of concern.

His weight dipped again, he actually feels thin but at the same time had a weepy eye (poss not relevant, poss just rundown?) but more of concern he was doing a retch/cough thing intermittently. It was difficult to tell in this morning's consultation whether the rattliness (only apparent to me after the car journey) was in his head or lungs, poor boy was making such a noise, he always gets in a panic on car journeys and his breathing was really fast and loud So, he's stayed and tomorrow he'll be having more x-rays, under sedation this time to get more angles and if his chest looks okay a GA to check out his throat (endoscope I presume but I blanked the details, the GA was the bit that I heard!).

Rudy is at least 9.5 so I worry at what will be found. I gave him a long cuddle (which I probably got more out of than him) before he was taken away. *stressed*
    Last edited by Bunny Buddy; 20-04-2017 at 10:41 AM.

My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

Many vibes for Rudy. I hope Crab Lane work their magic. Will he have his xrays this afternoon (bit late now I guess?) or tomorrow?

Sorry to hear that Rudy is giving more cause for concern. I hope that all will go well for him tomorrow, sending lots of vibes xx

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Many vibes for Rudy. I hope Crab Lane work their magic. Will he have his xrays this afternoon (bit late now I guess?) or tomorrow?
    Tomorrow. He was seen this morning but I've been to another (this time parent!) appointment in the meantime, so only just sat down. When I set off I was expecting him to have an x-ray this morning while I hung around but of cause the rattly breathing started since. I think there will be a lot of overnight stays when consulting Ruth as she spends all Monday consulting and all Tuesday operating/investigating. The retching only started on Friday and Ruth described it as "an unusual presentation in rabbits" so didn't want to start suggesting what it might be other than that there is no reason to connect it to the 'thing' in his lungs ... that said, the investigations are happening quickly given the other stuff going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Sorry to hear that Rudy is giving more cause for concern. I hope that all will go well for him tomorrow, sending lots of vibes xx
    Thank you.

My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

Lots of vibes for you and Rudy for tomorrow BB

I'll be thinking of you both. Happy though that he will be in excellent hands

sending lots and lots of vibes for you and rudy x
    loved and missed
    bisc 04/10/2016, eddie piggy 01/12/2014, maisie piggy 07/08/2014, matt 31/08/2013, chesney piggy 21/02/2013, smudge 09/07/2006, patch 31/10/2001

[QUOTE=Bunny Buddy;6837675]Tomorrow. He was seen this morning but I've been to another (this time parent!) appointment in the meantime, so only just sat down. When I set off I was expecting him to have an x-ray this morning while I hung around but of cause the rattly breathing started since. I think there will be a lot of overnight stays when consulting Ruth as she spends all Monday consulting and all Tuesday operating/investigating. The retching only started on Friday and Ruth described it as "an unusual presentation in rabbits" so didn't want to start suggesting what it might be other than that there is no reason to connect it to the 'thing' in his lungs ... that said, the investigations are happening quickly given the other stuff going on.

FHB used to do similar didn't she. I guess it is better use of their time & expertise but for bunny owners its the worry of not being with them the night before

Sending lots of vibes for Rudy for tomorrow xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Warren Veteran

Sending loads of vibes for Rudy. I hope that your vet can establish what's going on with him.

Mama Doe

Loads of vibes for Rudy, and some hugs for you too xx
    My special bunnies, Gabriel Honeybunny and Mabel Flump (NWRR).
    Sleep tight my precious Noo, darling Spring, handsome BJ, beloved Rosie, fluffy man Herbie, little poppet Hollie and wee Bobbin xx