• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bill is ready for a wife!

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
We've decided that it's time to think about getting Bill a friend. We tried to bond him into a trio with our already bonded boys but it didn't work out. Hiro then got poorly with his ear infection/head tilt and so we wouldn't want to stress him out by trying again.
We've decided that a doe would be better for him but I've got a few questions. We've found a few lovely rabbits that are in need of a home, some on gumtree and some on preloved... but none of them are spayed. We've also found a rescue about an hour away but it's very small. She gets the rabbits vaccinated and the boys neutered but she hasn't got any spayed does.
So what are the chances of a bond working with an unspayed doe??? Bill is neutered so pregnancy won't be a problem but can it work? We would want to get her spayed as soon as possible for health reasons anyway but I'm curious as to whether or not I could introduce them beforehand.

I've only ever bonded spayed does so I can't advise. I'm not sure about how reputable a rescue is where they don't spay their does :shock: maybe someone could reccomend somewhere for you. The problem with rehoming from gumtree/preloved is you wouldn't have any backup if the bond didn't work out.

I've only ever bonded spayed does so I can't advise. I'm not sure about how reputable a rescue is where they don't spay their does :shock: maybe someone could reccomend somewhere for you. The problem with rehoming from gumtree/preloved is you wouldn't have any backup if the bond didn't work out.

I'd echo this.

Exciting times ahead for Bill. Its good to hear x

Ok thank you :) I did have my concerns about how reputable they are myself to be honest and I've been looking on gumtree/preloved on and off for a while but nothing has really felt right.
I'm going to email a few rescues and put out some feelers. We're not in a rush so we can take our time and find the perfect friend for him. We're not really fussy but we would prefer it if she was aleady spayed. As long as Billy likes her then we will be happy :)

I hope you find Bill a lovely new wife. How exciting it is to be getting a new rabbit, for Bill and also for you :love:

Thank you :)
We have contacted Rabbit Rescue North West and we have emailed Fat Fluffs too. We are very excited! We've seen a few very young rabbits but apparently there is one which is 2+ years old which has caught my eye, I can't find a photo of her though!

I've seen a photo and she is beautiful :love:
I promised myself that I wouldn't get carried away but I'm already looking at names for her :lol:
We are going to arrange a visit :)

She's a white lop, very pretty and around 2+ years old :love:
If Bill doesn't like her then he's a very fussy boy :lol:
She has recently been spayed so she's not ready for bonding yet. Apparently there has been quite a bit of interest in her though so I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Thanks! We are very excited :)
She is just recovering from her spay and then we are giving her hormones a chance to settle down before we introduce them. I just hope that they like eachother. I've goot a good feeling so fingers crossed that I'm right!

she is gorgeous. Happy for Bill & you ! I expect she will have a massive personality - the white ones always seem to (or am I projecting?)

Back