• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe

Christine662

Warren Scout
Hi:wave:

I'm going to get 2 snugglesafes for Frankiie & Lilah. Up to now (they've lived with us 3 months), they are very fussy if I introduce anything new into their space, refusing to sit in previously favoured spots etc if something new is there. Has anyone else used these? Do the buns take to them pretty easily? Are they as good as they say?

Thanks

Christine x

Hi:wave:

I'm going to get 2 snugglesafes for Frankiie & Lilah. Up to now (they've lived with us 3 months), they are very fussy if I introduce anything new into their space, refusing to sit in previously favoured spots etc if something new is there. Has anyone else used these? Do the buns take to them pretty easily? Are they as good as they say?

Thanks

Christine x

Yes they are good!

They are hard and lose their heat (in cold conditions) after several hours. But they are useful if you've not an electrical supply out with them for a heater ... Especially good when they aren't feeling well and need warmth

I find them very useful. If you put them under a pile of hay or put 2 together, they keep warm for much longer. I use them overnight for the outdoor g pigs in the worst of the winter and they usually are still slightly warm in the morning. They are more a body heat / warm spot than something that heats up the hutch. I also use them without the fleece cover as it just collects hay and gets wee'd on. Wrapping them in newspaper works just as well and is much easier to keep them clean.

I've used them for ferrets which worked well.
Offered it to the girls but they slept on the opposite side of the room, away from it.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hi all

Thanks for your replies. I am expecting them to take a while to go near the snugglesafe. But I want to do my best to make sure they are happy during winter. Ive got a vet bed mat too......that's been ignored for a week...maybe a cooler night will change the fuss pots minds. At the moment they both sit on these little petmats I got for 1.99 each...they love them, which I got more for Lilah as she is a Rex & can get sore hocks, but Frankie loves them too. They don't seem to have expensive tastes like me:)

Christine x

I've got a similar problem, now it's getting colder I want to make sure bunny is warm enough but how!

She currently has a vet bed in 6ft x 3ft if her hutch, and the 2ft bathroom is paper wool, due to recent sore hocks.

Is it safe to use one of these in with her, as she won't be likely to use her snugglesafe on its own?
c21a8b6dbac90263ff6780fe01b3b07d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a similar problem, now it's getting colder I want to make sure bunny is warm enough but how!

She currently has a vet bed in 6ft x 3ft if her hutch, and the 2ft bathroom is paper wool, due to recent sore hocks.

Is it safe to use one of these in with her, as she won't be likely to use her snugglesafe on its own?
c21a8b6dbac90263ff6780fe01b3b07d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only problem with something like that is - will they nibble on it?
They do look lovely though :)

Back