• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Floki the wild rabbit

I was going to do this last week but things have been a little crazy here.... I'll copy this into her thread also in case others are searching for info in the future.

She died due to GI Stasis, during the Friday afternoon/night she seemed fine in herself, jumping around and playing as she did but she didn't really tuck into her greens as she usually did. We put it down to her mood as sometimes she did this. For some reason we decided to keep her indoors Friday night and let her roam around the kitchen with her rug in the corner.

We woke up saturday and noticed that her litter tray was still clean all except for a few poos close by but her greens still untouched. When I offered her a slice of pear she gobbled it up so we thought we'd just leave her with some hay and see how she was in a few hours time.

Later that day she was hopping around again so we thought she was back to her usual self giving us kisses and asking for head rubs.. That night was a different story.. around 10pm she started to poo in different places quite a number of poos at a time... we phoned the emergency vet and they said to keep an eye on her as she'd poo'd and wee'd so we kept her inside again over night.

Sunday morning we came down to her and she was sitting in the corner by the back door all cold... as if she had been there all night :( so off I went to the vets who gave her some injections and some medicine to help clear what they said was a blockage. They did say they would have kept her in and treated her but after all their experiences with her as without me around her wild streak came back they said it would be best for us to treat her..

So she came home with me, during the day she just kept trying to lie on the cold floor away from her rug, a few hours later she took a fit, and my partner phoned the vet as I was cuddling her, a few minutes later she passed. :cry:

I am so sorry you lost Floki. She was my favourite and I shared her lovely story with many friends.
I am absolutely heart broken she was so incredible, a truly one in a million rabbit. You and your family loved her so very much and she had a wonderful life with you, the best she could possibly have had.

Rest in Peace wonderful Floki. I am sure one day you will be reunited, that strong was her love for you.

Back