• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I followed your advice and bought some ReadiGrass...

Swiss Fox

New Kit
... but I think we may have gone a little overboard with the amount.

£20 for 15kg delivered seemed reasonable until my wife had to lug it up 6 flights of stairs...

https://imgur.com/a/bruKz

Bunny loves it but she's only 5 months old and we don't own any horses!

How best to store it? As is, or should we decant it into a few large (!) plastic storage boxes?

Until now we've given her a 50/50 mix of Timothy & Meadow in her upstairs bed-that's-not-a-bed and her two litter trays.

How best to use all this Readigrass? Just mix it in, or give it to her separately in a feeder tray? Could I just use it 100% in her litter trays? Would that be too much? Should we encourage her to eat more Timothy/Meadow?

EDIT: To add, we've stopped giving her unlimited pellets now (although they never were truly unlimited, we gave her a bowl a day) and are now only feeding them as treats.

She's getting two bowls of mixed greens (80% dark veg leafs, 20% herbs) twice a day and unlimited mixed hay.

We have continued to give her the odd piece of fruit, a cubic inch, 3 or 4 times a week but will reduce that to once or twice a week.

Last edited:
I keep mine in a dustbin outside, but I use it fairly quickly as I've got 2 goats as well as Boots the rabbit :)

You can free feed readigrass so you can give her a feeder of its that's always full.
Just monitor for uneaten ceacatrophs - if you start finding these I'd limit the readigrass but mine get it 24/7 with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I leave ours in the bag it came in and it's fine, but I don't reseal it, just leave it open so it can breathe, so to speak.

Introduce it slowly as it is a new food. Mine don't like it at night - always have uneaten cecals the next day if they have some at night for some reason!

I bought a massive bag last week. The bag is in the garage and I decanted some into an old nappy bucket with a lid which I keep in the garden storage box next to the hutch. My Edward refused to eat all other kinds of hay but he loves Readigrass :) Twix likes it too, but she will eat ANYTHING! LOL!

Back