• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anybody use this hay? POOPS

supersonic

Mama Doe
http://www.timothyhay.co.uk/

Sonic's eating meadow hay at the moment, but I want to get some Timothy for his teeth. It's an outrageous price at P@H, so I was going to buy bulk instead. It has really good reviews!

Obviously we always risk them not eating it when we buy in bulk, but I also have two young guineas so I can guarantee nothing is wasted in this house :lol:

Last edited:
I was actually looking at this yesterday but didn't know if it would stay fresh with there being so much as it would take them a while to eat it.

Yes :)
I've ordered from there for the last 18 months. The hay is lovely at the moment, really green and stalky. Would you like a photo?
The customer service is good too :) I had one bag that didn't seem right so I gave them a quick message and they sent me a new one out and I had it by the next day.
X

Yes :)
I've ordered from there for the last 18 months. The hay is lovely at the moment, really green and stalky. Would you like a photo?
The customer service is good too :) I had one bag that didn't seem right so I gave them a quick message and they sent me a new one out and I had it by the next day.
X

Ooh, if you wouldn't mind! That's really nice of them, I don't imagine many companies would do that.
What size do you get? And as Brad said, how long does it stay fresh for? I would have to store it in a shed as it's the only place we have space for 10kg of hay!

http://www.timothyhay.co.uk/

Sonic's eating meadow hay at the moment, but I want to get some Timothy for his teeth. It's an outrageous price at P@H, so I was going to buy bulk instead. It has really good reviews!

Obviously we always risk them not eating it when we buy in bulk, but I also have two young guineas so I can guarantee nothing is wasted in this house :lol:

I had a sample from them, and my lot found it way too stalky :lol:

The quality of the hay probably varies throughout the year, and so do bunnies' preferences. You could always ask for a sample too?

There you go. It's really lovely at the moment. Nice and green with really long strands :) But like Max says it varies through the year. We get the 10kg bag and I reckon we order one every 5-6 weeks between 3 bunnies. But they have 5 litter trays between them. My last bag smelt lovely and fresh right until it was finished :)

There you go. It's really lovely at the moment. Nice and green with really long strands :) But like Max says it varies through the year. We get the 10kg bag and I reckon we order one every 5-6 weeks between 3 bunnies. But they have 5 litter trays between them. My last bag smelt lovely and fresh right until it was finished :)

Ooh, I think I'll have to order some! Thank you :)

MightyMax, I'm not sure he's bothered about stalkyness, I saw him eating straw the other day :roll: All that lovely hay I gave him and he ate straw!

Home bargains do a nice Timothy hay with dried dandelions.
Robins goes mad for it but picks out all the dandelions

Home bargains do a nice Timothy hay with dried dandelions.
Robins goes mad for it but picks out all the dandelions

I specially went to search for that one, but there was zero small animal bedding :( I will keep looking though, although this one is super stalky so perfect for his teeth.

Although I have to say, I wanted to know what the fuss was about so I tried it. Tasteless rubbish! ;) My teeth certainly aren't made for grazing...

It does sell well at my local store .
B&M do the same one but I've heard not everywhere in the country has a B&M

Back