• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trying to bond neutered male rabbits

Also have you asked any local rescues if they do a bonding service? One near me does and for a fee they will try to bond them for you? The combo of a car ride there and unfamiliar territory might do it for you!?

Thank you for the advice, I've only just seen it. I'm not going to try getting them back together, the lady I spoke to at the RSPCA didn't think there was much chance of them being friends again. They've had 2 big fights now and when I put them back together after the last fight, they were both very territorial and aggressive towards each other. Even little Oreo was looking aggressive.
I've racked my brains on what I can do. They're both indoor rabbits but I have managed to cobble two pens which are next to each other and they're living quite happily next to each other. Well at least they're not lunging at each other anymore. I've just taken these photos of them so you can see the set up.
14d6bbc489a63bca86393e89ce637559.jpg
467705dbd1e25f705609fb64bc6b72a8.jpg
26b9644124d16bc83517a41eed30a7f4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've also managed to split the outside run into two sides with the hutch in one and some tubes and boxes and stuff in the other. I need to raise the middle partition though as Denzel is a bit of a jumper. I sat in with Oreo while they were both in the garden today to make sure Denzel didn't jump over.
I'm thinking of rigging up some sort of netting over the top of both pens so that they can both be out in the garden next to each other.

I love the idea of a girl for each bunny but the lady at the Rspca said it might be difficult having them living next to each other.

I'm trying to convince hubby that I need to alter the rabbit room to make it look better for the rabbits, he's not having it at the moment though.

2c907d16c05ebb7b51d8507c9871162d.jpg
37328c1b242c51de2d5d94405a20f1ed.jpg

Oreo and Denzel enjoying the sun this morning, I just wish they were running around together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish is was a better outcome for you. Keep working on the hubby ... maybe move house and have the bunnies a room each with girlfriends!! 🤣 I'm sure you can get him on board! 🤣 Your garden looks a good size? Maybe a similar hutch on the opposite wall (right of the photo) and instead of see through divides make them solid and they could live happily with girlfriends!? Maybe just bring them in if it's cold in the winter and have them as outdoor buns mainly? Although you could do something similar with your indoor runs and make the divides solid rather than see through and get them girlfriends!? Can you see I think you should get them some bunny love!? Hehe! x

Thank you Naomi jane, yep some girl bunnies would be lovely for them both.
I've bought more chicken wire for them today and filled the original plastic cage bottom with compost. I'm going to plant some grass seed in it for them.

Back