• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Benjamin - A very lucky bunny

louise and Gus

Wise Old Thumper

Benjamin was rescued from the jaws of a fox and handed to a vets and then found his way to me. Somehow he was not harmed at all by his ordeal and has been neutered and vaccinated against Myxi/VHD and the newer virus VHD2.
Benjamin has a really lovely character, initially he was a little shy but he soon got over that and will bounce over for nose rubs and food. He has been fully health checked and has no known problems.
Due to the circumstances when he was found we don't know his age but estimate him to be fully grown but quite young.
He is a big strong boy and will need large accommodation, shed and attached run or aviary would be idea. He is a little messy at the moment so although he could be a house rabbit you would need to be understanding and tolerant to a bit of mess!
Ideally we want him to live with a neutered female, I can assist with bonding of required.
I homecheck all rabbits I rehome so ideally potential homes would be within an hour of Essex, although I'd go further for the right home.
If you think you can give this wonderful boy the home he deserves please do get in touch!

I have a thrianta who is proving a little difficult to bond. I'm wondering (as Helen always says) if a lookalike bun would work?

I'll PM you :D

Bunnies do like bunnies that look like them ;) he has a bit of white on his back so you could tell them apart... I've just emptied my PM box...it was full.

He's a stunner Lou !! Thank goodness he survived his terrifying ordeal.

I miss seeing you around RU !! Hope all is well for you xx

Bunnies do like bunnies that look like them ;) he has a bit of white on his back so you could tell them apart... I've just emptied my PM box...it was full.

He's amazing Lou :D

Interesting you should say that .. I bonded a couple of chocolate lops on Friday and it only took me an hour an a half. It's hard to tell them apart, except the lady has a bit lighter fur behind her ears so I can see from the top who is who :lol:

God he is sooooo beautiful.

Chocolate lops sound really cute MM. I want one now and one like Benjamin ...

Aw he's lovely! A few people have commented on my thrianta threads saying how they'd love one but they're so rare in rescue so I've passed the link on :D Maybe put it in the title it might attract more people

I have a thrianta who is proving a little difficult to bond. I'm wondering (as Helen always says) if a lookalike bun would work?

I'll PM you :D

Personally I've had awful experiences trying to bond thriantas together and I know other people have had the same issue, every one I owned was fine with rabbits of other breeds (even same gender) but when I tried two thriantas together all hell broke loose. Even when I put together a very relaxed and submissive thrianta with a more confident one they fought badly. If I had to generalise the breed I'd say they're often lovely towards humans but not so lovely to each other, they can be fiery just like their colour. Maybe it was just a coincidence but if you can't set up a bunny date and don't have room for two single buns I don't think I'd risk it. I have two living together at the moment but they've been together since birth and will be neutered as early as possible. If you do go for it though don't worry about telling them apart, when I first got my boys i used lip stain (non toxic) to place a red dot in one of their ears to tell them apart but within a few days the differences between them came clear :)

Hi Demi - when River was rescued she was with 3 others, but they had to seperate as they were all not neutered and the others were boys. So in her life the only rabbits she has successfully co habitated with have been thriantas, and a I had so much trouble bonding her with other buns I thought it was worth a try. Ben is currently reserved for someone else but if that doesn't work out me and Lou will discuss options and logistics.

Back