• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pellet advice please, how much?

DemiS

Warren Veteran
Just wanted some advice really on how much dry food I should be giving my 4 month old rabbits. They're currently on a mix of SS and Allen&Page, SS junior says you can give 50g/kg of rabbit, I weighed it out for my two and it seems to be a lot :shock: When I had adult rabbits they maintained their weight on less than that, but I've not even had these bunnies a week so obviously I don't know what amount of food causes weight gain/loss. Do young rabbits need less pellets than adults because they're small or more because they're still growing? Mine eat a LOT of hay (excel herbage) which has a decent protein content and they have a bit of broccoli everyday too but I don't know if I'm giving them the right amount of pellets? I've seen some websites which even say you can free feed but I don't want them to get overweight

Whilst I cannot advise regarding young bunnies, my two adult rabbits share 24g of pellets.
I am sure someone else will be along shortly who can advise you better

At that age I'd have them on one type of food (SS junior) and they'd be on around 1 egg cup a day (approx 15g).
Any changes you make would need to be gradual to prevent any digestive upsets.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks, I thought over 50g each was quite a lot! They're not on two foods for the sake of it, I'm trying to gradually change them over to SS :)

Back